Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Open
Type Support
Section of the Site Characters/Roster
Urgency (1 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
For some reason I\'m getting multiple entries on my characters, the worst case I\'ve seen is like 15 now...

I\'d like to know if I\'m doing something wrong or I\'d like to report this as a bug... but it\'s quite annoying as it\'s taking a large amount of maintenance to keep these merged together.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
Very interesting. I'd double-check your characters and make sure they're associated with the right Realm. If they look alright, make sure you save it anyway, just to ensure it.

It sounds to me like the GRSS upload is attempting to duplicate the character because it's not finding an exact match of some sort (either the Realm is wrong, or there's a subtle misspelling in the character name).

I could be wrong though. Is this happening with all characters or only certain ones? If so, which characters?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Very interesting. I'd double-check your characters and make sure they're associated with the right Realm. If they look alright, make sure you save it anyway, just to ensure it.

It sounds to me like the GRSS upload is attempting to duplicate the character because it's not finding an exact match of some sort (either the Realm is wrong, or there's a subtle misspelling in the character name).

I could be wrong though. Is this happening with all characters or only certain ones? If so, which characters?

Check the characters list now if you don't mind, There are now 5+ of dozens of characters, it takes me 2-3 hours to fix this weekly.

Since I posted this original ticket I had cleaned up all duplication.

One of the characters (Berial) isn't even in the guild anymore. I checked GuildRaidSnapShot.lua in the saved variables and he's not there either, so the problem is coming from someplace else.
Attached GRSS.lua
Sure enough. That's REALLY odd. I currently do not have an explanation for that. There are quite a few characters duplicated there, and the thing I notice about all of them is that none of them have realms, races, or levels associated with them.

They also aren't associated with an account, so they're not being created by the users directly.

I've made a slight tweak to the GRSS raid importer, which may have been the culprit, though I'm not completely positive.

What other importers do you run on the site, if any? (Ni Karma, EPGP, Group Calendar, Guild Calendar, etc)? The DKPProfiler doesn't have character creation capabilities, so that's not it.

--
We upload SKG (Suicide Kings Geo).
We upload SKG (Suicide Kings Geo).

This is definitely the problem.
Sweet. Could you upload the SKG file you're uploading and I can test from there.

--
Quote by Chops
Sweet. Could you upload the SKG file you're uploading and I can test from there.

Yup.
Alrighty, this problem should be fixed. Duplicate characters should not be created any longer.

--
Quote by Chops
Alrighty, this problem should be fixed. Duplicate characters should not be created any longer.

Thanks sir, I'll test tomorrow night!
Quote by zanthorx
Quote by Chops

Thanks sir, I'll test tomorrow night!

Got dupes from last nights uploads.

I'll check again thursday to confirm.
Dang! I'll tinker again tomorrow.

--
Quote by Chops
Dang! I'll tinker again tomorrow.

On a side note, we aren't going to be using SKG any longer but using a new mod called KSK (just another flavor of SK)... if I provide a saved variables think you guys can support it? It's MUCH better in game than SKG.
Yup, that'll be fine. Please post that file and I'll get an importer ready.

--
Quote by Chops

There ya are.
Quote by zanthorx
Quote by Chops

There ya are.

Got got a message from the mod's author, he says his data file may change frequently but he's got an XML and CSV export option in the mod, I'll get you both of those formats.
Excellent!

--
Quote by Chops
Excellent!

Attached is the XML export.
Quote by zanthorx
Quote by Chops
Excellent!

Attached is the XML export.

Chops, any word on this?

I have a new updated XML format and the XSL used to output it...

http://www.botbh.com/dynpage.php?id=42

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]