Password:

Forgot your password?
New Forum Features

New Forum Features
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Here's a general announcement of the newest forum features. Unfortunately, the documentation isn't complete for them yet, but I'll be working on that tonight and/or tomorrow (if necessary).

1), You'll see there's now the choice between "Simple Filter." which is the standard "Radio Button Approach" to showing thread tags. and "Advanced Filter," which is the "Checkbox Approach" to filtering, allowing you to choose EXACTLY which thread tags you wish to display.

2) For those members who are logged in, they'll also see a "My Private Thread Tags" which allows you to create your own private thread tags. A common example would be if you happen to have a number of members of your guild who are in the same Class in School, and they wish to use your forum to post between eachother, without cluttering your forum with their school-talk. It's effectively the same concept as "Private Threads" just taken a step further. The owner of the Private thread tags has the ability to add or remove people from that thread tag at will. Before you "Join" a Private thread tag, you'll receive an Alert, and you are free to leave a Private Thread tag at any time from the "My Private Thread Tags" section.

3)Finally, the addition of the [commedit][/commedit] tag. The purpose of this new tag gives community editing privledges to content in your posts on the forum (this ONLY works on the forum). Lets say, as an officer, you decide you want to give editing privledges to a part of one of your posts to veterans and whatnot (similar to the "Guide" functionality), this is how you do it. Here's an example. I'll be giving access to a few of the common posters here to see what it's like:

--
It's all in the reflexes.
So how do I specify who or what rank level can edit a post. This will be very handy for us as we use a single sticky to track people that leave the game for short periods of time (for stuff like school, travel, emergency). Do you place the names between the tags or what?

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
So I looked at the new private thread filter. This looks similar to making a Mailing List in Outlook. Would that be a correct analysis. So if I make a thread tag called Idaho then I could put all my friends from Idaho in that tag and if I create a new thread to that tag they would all have access to it.

--
So how do I specify who or what rank level can edit a post. This will be very handy for us as we use a single sticky to track people that leave the game for short periods of time (for stuff like school, travel, emergency). Do you place the names between the tags or what?

After you've created the "Community Edit" section (which is what "commedit" stands for), you'll see two links appear at the top of it when it's saved:

[Edit This Entry] and [Choose Members Who Can Edit]

So I looked at the new private thread filter. This looks similar to making a Mailing List in Outlook. Would that be a correct analysis. So if I make a thread tag called Idaho then I could put all my friends from Idaho in that tag and if I create a new thread to that tag they would all have access to it.

Based on your description, yep, that's it. I don't know Outlook well enough to compare it with it, but yeah, you could Make an Idaho tag for just your Idaho friends.

--
After you've created the "Community Edit" section (which is what "commedit" stands for), you'll see two links appear at the top of it when it's saved:

[Edit This Entry] and [Choose Members Who Can Edit]

Ah thanks for the explanation. I didn't actually see this as I didn't make the thread

I just implemented it on our inactivity thread...and it rocks.

--
Will we ever have the option to move posts / topics.
I can't seem to find out how I can move posts.
Sure you can. At the top of the "view thread" page is a drop down like the following. IF you change the contents of that drop down to whichever thread tag you wish, it'll move that particular thread.

--

[Back to Index]