Forgot your password?
GRSS- EPGP- Raid Functionality

GRSS- EPGP- Raid Functionality
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: [Suggestions]

Chops,

Hey I just had a couple of questions/ issues/ thoughts that I want to ask and/ or address...

1.) When uploading a snapshot, the website considers single boss fight its own unique raid. I understand that some people don't stay for an entire Naxxramas so then it could base attendence off those who stick it out for the duration of a raid. If this isn't the case, is there way I can upload a Naxx raid and it not break it down per boss fight?

2.) Item- values. Is there a way I can load a raid and to have all values already entered? If you take a full clear heroic Naxx raid over 15 bosses- 4 drops per boss that would mean 60 items that need customization. That's ALOT of legwork.

3.) Am I understanding this right? If I run the getGRSS.exe file before I even start the game at the beginning of a gaming session, the mod will upload the already stored data from my site into the mod/ game so when it starts I have current (at least what is already posted on site) data availability for that nights raid?

*Suggestion* Having people's rank/ place/ points appear in their officer notes for quick reference on the fly. (EPGP)

Sorry for the long-windedness. Thanks- in advance- for addressing this.
Quote by Stephakanoni
1.) When uploading a snapshot, the website considers single boss fight its own unique raid. I understand that some people don't stay for an entire Naxxramas so then it could base attendence off those who stick it out for the duration of a raid. If this isn't the case, is there way I can upload a Naxx raid and it not break it down per boss fight?

Just tie the uploaded snapshots to a calendar event. The term "Raid" is going to be replaced by the term "Raid Snapshot" or just "Snapshot" to remove the ambiguity associated with calling a single snapshot a "raid". Tying all the snapshots to a calendar event will remove that particular issue. There's almost no reason you would want to remove the granularity of having each individual boss there.

2.) Item- values. Is there a way I can load a raid and to have all values already entered? If you take a full clear heroic Naxx raid over 15 bosses- 4 drops per boss that would mean 60 items that need customization. That's ALOT of legwork.

Currently, no. That's a feature that I'm working on to allow guilds to auto-populate item prices based on stats.

3.) Am I understanding this right? If I run the getGRSS.exe file before I even start the game at the beginning of a gaming session, the mod will upload the already stored data from my site into the mod/ game so when it starts I have current (at least what is already posted on site) data availability for that nights raid?

Correct. Run GetGRSSDKP.exe before each raid and the mod will download the current standings from your site as of that moment, and import them into the game.

*Suggestion* Having people's rank/ place/ points appear in their officer notes for quick reference on the fly.

Keep in mind, in a raid, users can just send you a tell with !dkp and it'll give them their current DKP. If neither you, nor someone who runs the GRSS mod is online, the website is just a Alt+Tab away

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Your stinking awesome. Are you single?

I didn't realize how much power that camel actually had.

Let me add something. I searched awhile. Is there anyways you can delete snapshot without actually deleting your entire EPGP system?

***Suggestion*** (another, I know, sorry)
Application. The ability to create drop down boxes, radio buttons, or a reduced sized text-entry field, would - in my opinion- greatly enhance the application options.
Quote by Stephakanoni
Had, I'm afraid not

Let me add something. I searched awhile. Is there anyways you can delete snapshot without actually deleting your entire EPGP system?

Sure, head to Admin > DKP > Raid Attendance, then click [Edit] next to a snapshot you want to delete, and click the "Delete" button at the bottom.

Application. The ability to create drop down boxes, radio buttons, or a reduced sized text-entry field, would - in my opinion- greatly enhance the application options.

This one definitely needs to be done, and is on the list.

--
Quote***Suggestion*** (another, I know, sorry)

Your in grave danger of creating DKPSystems to be one of the most customizable WYSIWYG hosting sites on the net. To be honest, you might have already eclipsed that threshold...

You win 3 internetz.
Quote by Chops
Quote by Stephakanoni
Had, I'm afraid not

Sure, head to Admin > DKP > Raid Attendance, then click [Edit] next to a snapshot you want to delete, and click the "Delete" button at the bottom.

When I attempt to delete a snapshot it still appears in the "Past Uploaded Snapshots" page. Is this a history of sorts that you can never get rid of?

When I attempt to delete a snapshot it still appears in the "Past Uploaded Snapshots" page. Is this a history of sorts that you can never get rid of?

Correct. It's a quick backup in case things get deleted and need to be redone.

--
I'm sorry, Chops... I really am. I have just begun implementing EPGP into my guild's raids so I have all these questions. The factor of the matter is that I am the one that is supposed to have all the answers as GM. Anyways, just answer these when you can...

So, I have decided to use my EP to rank guildies. 50 ep is initiate, 100 is member, 300 is raider, and etc. The problem is with the decay rate it would make it difficult to reach some of the higher ranks. My question is, can you have a custom field, or is there a way to have cumulative EP that isn't affected by decay? It's almost a running tally of all EP earned to date.

Thanks alot man.
Bump.
I'm sorry mate, adding an undecayed column is a good idea and is something that's definitely on the list of things to do.

--

[Back to Index]