Password:

Forgot your password?
Weird Thread Tags have Magicly Spawned!

Weird Thread Tags have Magicly Spawned!
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Tickets]
Secondary: None

One of my Officers questioned me today on two thread tag options that appeared in her drop down menu. One is titled "Nebulator" and the other "Just saying Hello".

I can not see these thread tags.

I logged in under Sapphyre's name and sure enough. There they are. A select few can see this. While the rest of us can't. I even logged back into my own account and still could not see these thread tag options.

They are at the very top of the dropdown, which is causing for any posts being made by them as a default to be placed under one of these two tags. It also then displays on the forums as a regular post for anyone to view. However, if someone tries to click on it to view it, it says "You do not have permission". Sapphyre tells me that these appeared about 2 days ago.
These are private thread tags created by users then invited into them.

If you don't want them to show for you, you can click "My Private Thread Tags" at the top of the forums (next to simple filter, advanced filter, and classic mode), then you can choose to leave those thread tags, and you'll no longer be in them.

If you want them deleted from your forums altogether, you can head to Admin > Thread Tags, and you'll see a separate Private Thread Tags section at the bottom where you can administrative capabilities to delete them.

For more information, I recommend seeing the Private Thread Tag functionality listed in the About our Forums article.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Hu, okay.Thanks!

In the last 2 years, I've never seen this option or known about this particular option.
Quote by Moonora
Hu, okay.Thanks!

In the last 2 years, I've never seen this option or known about this particular option.

Interesting. Private thread tags functionality was added in september 2006, so it's not something that was just snuck in there.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]