Forgot your password?
My site layout changed by using my Myspace Css

My site layout changed by using my Myspace Css
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Chops,

I was playing around and thought that I would try to use the Css code that I used on my MySpace profile would load if I just put it into a custom menu. It took the code for the most part and made the changes. Take a look at this and see if you can make an easier way for members to change their site by doing this. I will leave it up in tell you post with your ideas on this. EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE DONT DO THIS. WAIT FOR CHOPS TO SAY IF THIS IS A GOOD THING TO DO SO THAT HE ISNT TRYING TO FIX EVERYONES SITE BECAUSE IT MESSED IT UP
Thanks

--
Painkillerle
Looks pretty nice, but don't worry about messing anything up. I can rather easily recover a messed up site, or if you click "Revert to Original" on the Advanced Layout Options, it'll disable your custom code.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Looks pretty nice, but don't worry about messing anything up. I can rather easily recover a messed up site, or if you click "Revert to Original" on the Advanced Layout Options, it'll disable your custom code.

Chops can u tell me what part of that code would make the tables transperant?

--
Painkillerle
Off the top of my head, I don't remember. I believe it's different from IE to Firefox, but you'd want to specify in the CSS definition the Alpha Transparency.

*heads to google*

This seems to be a pretty comprehensive guide to transparency: http://www.mandarindesign.com/opacity.html

--
Off the top of my head, I don't remember. I believe it's different from IE to Firefox, but you'd want to specify in the CSS definition the Alpha Transparency.

*heads to google*

This seems to be a pretty comprehensive guide to transparency: http://www.mandarindesign.com/opacity.html

Check it out now im getting somewhere LOL

--
Painkillerle
hehe..nice. I'd also make sure to set the background color to a solid Black. I'm running 1280x1024 and I have a huge white border around your background image.

--
Wow, makes my eyes bleed.... but if you like it, that's all that matters!

I guess I'm just not a fan of the solid background thing. :|
Needs to be fixed for those who use Firefox vs IE. The tables that the ticker marqui's are in are over sized and have a white background. Plus your main Background img doesn't show up at all it is just black. Also the color you are using for the Calender dates should be changed, currently you can barely, if at all, read the date.

Other than that it is looking pretty good.

You must be using Firefox too?

--
Sreh
Needs to be fixed for those who use Firefox vs IE. The tables that the ticker marqui's are in are over sized and have a white background. Plus your main Background img doesn't show up at all it is just black. Also the color you are using for the Calender dates should be changed, currently you can barely, if at all, read the date.

Other than that it is looking pretty good.

You must be using Firefox too?

How bout this Chops? What do I need to do two have this work for the other browsing programs?

--
Painkillerle
It looks like you embedded your changes to the CSS in the page, which are redundant with the definitions in the CSS file.

I suggest making your changes to the "Default CSS" page, uploading those changes to your Administrative File Upload and changing the line in the layout page from

<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.php" type="text/css">

to

<link rel="stylesheet" href="location/of/your/new/css/file" type="text/css">

--

Where exactly is this option, "Revert to Original." I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

--
This thread delivers!

Where exactly is this option, "Revert to Original." I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

It only shows up after you Click "Go Live" to enable the Advanced Layout Options, and all that does is disable the advanced layout stuff for the standard layout.

--

[Back to Index]