Forgot your password?
Realm Isssues and Special Characters

Realm Isssues and Special Characters
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Heya Chops,

I'm having an issue where even after I've set the realm to our new realm, newly created characters are defaulting to our old realm. I've checked all areas that associate the site with a certain server and they are all set to our current server, Ghostlands, but there a lot of new toons on the old server, Dunemaul, and even one dreadmaul. I have the option for users to pick the server turned off to the best of my knowledge.

Also, it is not showing anyone being in the guild.. ie the arena teams page shows every team, but 0 guild associations. There a reason for this I can't find?

And finally, while in game, any character with special characters in it's name is unable to search for their dkp by the !dkp command. It returns: Player not found, with a ? on total dkp during a bid even if the toon is on the list.

Sorry for the slew of issues, but I've been slacking on posting a help thread =)

Thanks in advance!
Head to Admin > Games > Games, then click [Servers] to fix the "New characters" issue.

For the In-game stuff, are you manually downloading the file, or are you using the GetGRSSDKP program?

For the "Not in guild" thing, it's comparing the guild name of the character against the site name ("Vile Intent of Ghostlands"). This is something that needs fixing (indeed the Arena team stuff is slated for an update).

--
It's all in the reflexes.
1) I tried the Admin > Games > Games thing before, as I saw another post about it recently, it is indeed set correctly, and has been for a few months now.

2) I am using the GetGRSSDKP program included with the mod,

and

3) If I change the site name back to just simply "Vile Intent" will it fix the guild association issue?

Thanks Chops!

Still curious about the special characters thing here, it's also affecting my roster on the site itself saying the character doesn't exist when I upload using the guildraidsnapshot.lua upload method.

It's been over a week and my post keeps going farther and farther down the list....

Thanks in advance!
Quote by envee
Still curious about the special characters thing here, it's also affecting my roster on the site itself saying the character doesn't exist when I upload using the guildraidsnapshot.lua upload method.

It's been over a week and my post keeps going farther and farther down the list....

Thanks in advance!

I suspect that the characters on your site are currently encoded with ASCII, while they should be encoded with UTF-8 (and that's what WoW expects them to be).

I recommend running the GRSS Roster Uploader and importing that into the site.

If that doesn't fix it, try heading to Admin > Characters, and modifying the characters with the special characters. Just load the characters and press "Save." If I'm right, that should correct the encodings.

Let me know how that goes.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]