Password:

Forgot your password?
News Posts

News Posts
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: [General] [Tickets]

Is there a way to show more than 5 News posts on the front page? My menus are much longer than my news and it looks a little silly.

Thanks.
You'll have to edit the news page itself in the Advanced Layout Options. You'll see a command <!--News:StartNewsSection:5--> Simply change it to <!--News:StartNewsSection:10--> and you're good to go.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I went to Advanced Layout Options and looked all through the layout file, menu file and CSS and did not find <!--News:StartNewsSection:5--> anywhere.
Make sure you're on the News/Homepage layout tab of the Advanced Layout options.

--
This is working in the Testing mode, but after clicking 'go live' it does not show the bigger news section.

Have a look: followers.dkpsystem.com

--
Followers of Nobility
Head to Admin > General Settings > News, and choose a the new layout from the drop down list. Clicking [Go Live] in this context only enables it so that it can be chosen to be used, but it does not make it the currently selected layout (it's the same thing with the forum layouts).

--
Ok, I made BiggerNews in the Advanced Layout section and the News Admin is showing it is using what is in that file. But it does not appear to be working. Can you take a look and let me know what's wrong, please? followers.dkpsystem.com

EDIT: It was selected in News Admin.. I selected one of the other default settings and then changed it back and it took effect.

Originally, I made BiggerNews and left it blank. I never changed the setting to use it in News Admin -- it must have done it automatically. Then when I updated BiggerNews, it didn't apply the changes until I switched it to something else and then changed it back again.

--
Followers of Nobility
OK...I think I figured out how to change it. I have decided to change it to 4 news posts for the time being...

BUT...how do I show the 4 news posts WITH the "Next 5 Events" on top like I show now?

I can only show 4 news without the next 5 events OR I can show 5 news with the 5 next events. I want to show 4 news with the next 5 events lol.

If that makes sense.
I still can't figure it out...grr.
Try modifying this one: http://www.dkpsystem.com/settings/www/forumlayout/10/news.html

It should be easier to understand then. My apologies for the lack of documentation.

--
Worked perfect when I tested it.

Failed when I deployed it.
Duh. I got it now. Thanks Chops!

[Back to Index]