Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
Problem with new members seeing old threads.

Problem with new members seeing old threads.
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

In the forums, I have some older posts that people cannot see. However, after they register and a new thread is made, they can see that new thread but not the older ones. Is there some setting I need to enable/disable to allow them to see the old threads? Thanks.
Hmm.. Could you point me at a particular thread that some users aren't able to see? That will give me a better understanding of the situation at hand.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Hmm.. Could you point me at a particular thread that some users aren't able to see? That will give me a better understanding of the situation at hand.

Well, the problem is when they logon to their accounts on the site, they cannot even see the private forums. But when I use their login and pw I can see the content they cannot see. I have all the permissions setup properly since I can see the forums from my computer when I'm on their account. I can even post under their names in threads they cannot themselves see.
What I mean is what is the forum post that users aren't able to see? Like could you copy the URL here?

--
There are entire forum sections that they should have access to but don't. So it's not 1 thread, its whole sections. But, here are the url's to some of them:

http://www.viciouscycle.us/oldviewthread.php?threadid=101

http://www.viciouscycle.us/oldviewthread.php?threadid=102
One final question. Which account (any account) is unable to see the threads in question?

--
Basically any account can't see the sections. So far myself, Selz, and Sythis are the only 2 that can see any of the private sections, i.e. VC Officer, VC Guild Only. They tell me they have "show all" enabled when they are trying to view the private sections of the forums. It's just a strange problem to have. I can log onto their accounts and see the content fine.
Well, it seems one of my officers can seem them now all of a sudden. =)
Looking at your configuration, I'd recommend having them first log out, then log back in. Let me know if that doesn't help.

--
That seems to be helping, thank you for such a prompt and effective reply!!

[Back to Index]