Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Support
Section of the Site Forum
Urgency (2 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
Hi Chops,

We are havin a small problem at bru.dkpsystem.com, we have undergone some guild changes and revamped the site using the excellent Omenious template with some minor graphical work, no adjustments on code.

We are having a problem on the forum where the text shows up for a second while page is loading then disappears, if you refresh it you will once again have the text.

Tested using IE 6.0 - sporadic, will happen 1 out of 5.
Tested using IE 7.0 - issue
Tested using FF 3.0 - no issue

Please note no changes were made to the forum or any code other then graphical.

Thank you for your attention.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
Hello DKPsystem admins, this ticket has been opened for well over 5 business days. I have shown patience by not updating this thread and demanding resolution but my patience is growing thin, this issue is an annoyance to my viewers and I would appreciate it being resolved promptly.

Warm Regards,

Kricethorne
Your frustration is understandable. I'm looking into the issue, and hope to post a resolution today.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I'm still working on a real fix for this, but for the time being, either of the following work:

* Choose a Thread View other than "Standard" (the "Standard" one is the only one to throw a fit)

* Resizing the window also fixes it.

I can't seem to figure out the root cause of the bug. I know that this particular bug doesn't happen in IE8 (at least it didn't for me).

Furthermore, the text stays until you move your mouse over the content. It's not javascript related, and seems to be CSS related, but it looks like a rendering bug of some sort (one that I've never encountered before).

I'm sorry it's taking so long to fix.

--
Alrighty. A fix has been posted. It's a bit of a hack, but it works.

Just be sure to have your users upgrade to IE8 when it comes out (or firefox )

--
Thank You Chops, I tested it on several threads and looks good , much appreciated.

please close the support case.

[Back to Index]