Password:

Forgot your password?
GuildBank.lua

GuildBank.lua
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I've noticed there are af ew files in the GuildBank download zip. I put the GuildBank.lua filee in the correct location and it does show an updated status no my account but I never actually see my inventory.

A few other members have got theirs to work but I can't get it working.

Are the otehr files supposed to go into other locations? Not seeing an instruction file nor any install info no the FAQ either (would be a good suggestion to add to FAQ).

*File Attached*

Please advice,
Thanks!

--

The Arcanum
When installing a mod, you need to install all the files (and their containing folder) into the WoW\Interface\Addons Folder

Then run WoW.

Here's a quick and dirty step by step guide to installing Mods.

http://forums.curse-gaming.com/archive/index.php/t-1301.html

I'll have to write one up myself that's a little nicer.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
No problem there, I'm no stranger to installing mods. However, when instructed to put the lua file in the other directory I wasn't sure it needed to go into the AddOns folder.

--

The Arcanum
Oh...hehe...

You shouldn't put the file somewhere else. Instead, you download the mod and install it like normal. The Mod itself then CREATES that file.

I thought the terminology on the instructions just say to get the file I'll look over that terminology on the page to see if it's not clear.

--
And on a side note: Will the BAG inventory upload without the BANK inventory haivng been loaded?

--

The Arcanum
And on a side note: Will the BAG inventory upload without the BANK inventory haivng been loaded?

At the moment, no. However, that's something I'll be addressing in a newer version.

--
Oh...hehe...

You shouldn't put the file somewhere else. Instead, you download the mod and install it like normal. The Mod itself then CREATES that file.

I thought the terminology on the instructions just say to get the file I'll look over that terminology on the page to see if it's not clear.

AH!
That would make a ton more sense!

Ok, will try that this evening, thanks for the info and quick replys!

--

The Arcanum
Absolutely. Happy to help

--
Following the instructions I uploaded the GuildBank directory to the addOns directory as with any addon. However, you had mentioned that the program would create a new GuildBank.lua file in the SaveedVariables directory, this has not yet happened and I've been in and out of the game a few times now, and at the bank and in my bags each time.

Suggestions now?

--

The Arcanum
To further complicate thing, there are several SavedVariables directories (one for the account, ones for the characters, and even further ones for the characters on specific realms). The one we need is just the one for the account.

Are you certain the mod is loading? (if it is, you should get a message in your chat window to the effect of "GuildBank Mod v0.2 Loaded." Are you getting this?

If not, feel free to give me a call and I'll try to work with you over the phone to figure it out. My number is 414.940.4866

--
Still no luck. I have opened all bags as well as bank and bank bags. There is no GuildBank.lua file being created in my SavedVariables path (listed below).

C Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\*acctName*\SavedVariables

What else can I try out?

--

The Arcanum
There's a new version that was released only 2 days ago. Have you tried this new version?

--
Downloaded just now and I'll get into the game and let you know.

--

The Arcanum
I'm excited to hear if it worked or not. Otherwise I can get some sort of thing going so I could actually view your desktop, if you're willing. I'm extremely curious what the problem here is.

--
I am pretty sure this is going to work this time. When I booted the game I noticed the GuildBank mod was started up. Still in game but will know if it worked in an hour or so.

Thanks

--

The Arcanum
Awesome. A quick way to test, without leaving the game is to type /console reloadui

That will force the data file to be written to the hard drive.

It sounds to me like you just had "Outdated Addons" disabled.

--
Awesome. A quick way to test, without leaving the game is to type /console reloadui

There any way to force a write of the variables with out doing a reloadui? That would be a handy feature to have.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Unfortunately not. That's a limitation by Blizzard.

--
Everything works, we're golden!

Thanks a lot for the assistance.

--

The Arcanum

[Back to Index]