Forgot your password?
Not Understanding....

Not Understanding....
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Heyas Chops!

I got on to the site this morning and there are alot of things that frankly, just confused me.

Here is a list of the things I am confused about.

1. On the news page, I see a link at the top that makes the page customizable. If I click on it, I dont see what is able to be customized.

2. When editing the News section, the new Title Box that appears throws off the rest of the News Section. It will distort the remaining portion of the information that was typed.

3. When using the font size on a section of your post, it will not keep the highlighted section highlited. It will cut the highlighted section and only change a certain portion of your expected font size change.

4. Threads are really the same. I like the popups and new layout, but I expected to see a forums section with Catogories and possible sub catogories for posts. It really is not that much different.

5. I was also hoping that the popular threads would have been changed to Recient posts. It is much easier to see what is new then just seeing the amount of posts on the thread.

6. So what is the Welcome Message? I cant seem to find out where that even is.

Im sure there will be more, but frankly, even though most of the updates are good and needed, there is alot that makes me confused and does not focus on the sections that really needed to be focused on, like the forums.

Sorry to be the critic, but overall, I am not that impressed with the upgrades.
Quote by mstngmusic
Heyas Chops!
1. On the news page, I see a link at the top that makes the page customizable. If I click on it, I dont see what is able to be customized.

Ahh...Fixed. The Customize option is now hidden from that particular layout. If you head to Admin > News, you can change the way the news page displays itself.

2. When editing the News section, the new Title Box that appears throws off the rest of the News Section. It will distort the remaining portion of the information that was typed.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.

3. When using the font size on a section of your post, it will not keep the highlighted section highlited. It will cut the highlighted section and only change a certain portion of your expected font size change.

Which browser are you experiencing this in?

4. Threads are really the same. I like the popups and new layout, but I expected to see a forums section with Catogories and possible sub catogories for posts. It really is not that much different.

Keep in mind the fundamentals didn't change. But Classic Mode is always availablem, and you can choose multiple display mechanisms:

5. I was also hoping that the popular threads would have been changed to Recient posts. It is much easier to see what is new then just seeing the amount of posts on the thread.

This is going to be an option coming soon.

6. So what is the Welcome Message? I cant seem to find out where that even is.

The Welcome message will display on the other versions of the news page. At the top of the News admin page, you can choose a version of the news page to display. The current default is the original version that was simply "News Only". If you change it, though, you can change to one of the other options, which displays a number of neat displays on the home page.

Im sure there will be more, but frankly, even though most of the updates are good and needed, there is alot that makes me confused and does not focus on the sections that really needed to be focused on, like the forums.

I appreciate the feedback and naturally hope for more

--
It's all in the reflexes.
ok, I like the recient posts for the threads, but is there a way to not have it displayed at the top of the front page?
You could try the "Side-by-Side" view.

The "Customize This Page" option will actually do something useful for those pages a well, allowing to move those panels around as necessary.

--
no that does not work well at all. It cuts into the front page to much. I would like to be able to position it differently within the rest of the news sections.

Also, is there a way to not display the avaitar in the new post so the bar is not so big?
Those options would involved jumping into the new Advanced Layout Options for the News Page.

The simplest part of that would be editing the line that's labeled "TinyAvatar" and changing it to "VeryTinyAvatar"

The code for that version of the news page is attached.

--
Quote by Chops
The simplest part of that would be editing the line that's labeled "TinyAvatar" and changing it to "VeryTinyAvatar"

The code for that version of the news page is attached.

And where do I put that?

Quote by Chops
Those options would involved jumping into the new Advanced Layout Options for the News Page.

I dont understand! I am getting really frusterated!

That's part of the Advanced Layout Options. You'll have to create your own custom layout Admin > Layout > Advanced Layout Options, then choose the "News/Home" tab.

Then click [Create] and give it a name (something like "Sic Semper Chaos" layout, and then modify the appropriate lines if that html file I gave you (make sure to edit it in notepad or some kind of plain text editor).

The final step is uploading that file, and clicking "Test It"

--
Thats the problem, I dont know what the appropriate files are?
I've gone ahead and deployed a modified version of that template for you, and set that to your site's default, using a smaller avatar.

--
I give up dude! I appricate you help, but it still isnt working. I you can get the recient posts and upcomming events movable and get the avaitar smaller, I can work from there.

No disrespect, this is turning into a big headache!
Quote by mstngmusic
I give up dude! I appricate you help, but it still isnt working. I you can get the recient posts and upcomming events movable and get the avaitar smaller, I can work from there.

No disrespect, this is turning into a big headache!

Now the site wont let me do anything. I am not happy!

Could you call me? We can try to walk through the various issues on the phone.

--

[Back to Index]