Status Closed
Type Suggestion
Section of the Site DKP
Urgency (0 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
Hi

We are using zero-sum DKP system.

Currently I am trying to use some sort of a penalty pool for raiders who fail to bring consumables or otherwise is gimping the raid. This is only a temporary penalty which will last 7 days, or 3 raid days.

The thought is that I will give 10 DKP to a player who “forgets” to bring consumables to the raid, and the points will be added to a separate DKP pool called penalties.

Any DKP in the penalty pool will be subtracted from the main DKP pool when loot is handed out so if a person has 100 DKP in his main pool and 10 DKP in the penalties, he only has 90 DKP at that moment. Henceforth losing the item to someone with equal DKP in main pool, but has no penalty points.

The points in the penalty pool has to decay fast. First I was thinking 7 days to bring it to zero again, but then it might lead to the player not coming to raids for those days, so I thought 3 raid days would be better. If it was possible for the DKP pools to track raid attendance in other pools it would be great.

This is a lot of manual work, tracking raid attendance etc.

The decay system works, but it is to static since the points will only start to decay when you have reached a maximum value. What happens when a player gets multiple penalties, in same raid or consecutive raids?

What I want is a DKP system that will start decaying no matter what your points are.
So if I want 10 DKP to be fully decayed in 7 days, 10/7 each day, I need this to continue decaying even if the players gets more points.

I also would like to have an option in GRSS to manually set the penalties for a player during the raid.

Could this be possible?
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
The decay system works, but it is to static since the points will only start to decay when you have reached a maximum value.

This is incorrect. The current decay system will decay points (both earned and spent) to a percentage of the original after a specified number of days, regardless of how many points someone has, even if it's 1 point.

The part of our decay that doesn't exactly work with your system is that everything decays at the same rate. If you want different things (adjustments, items, or attendances) to decay at different rates, that's not currently supported.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I also would like to have an option in GRSS to manually set the penalties for a player during the raid.

This is slated.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]