Password:

Forgot your password?
Starting EPGP

Starting EPGP
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Consider me a NuB when it comes to this stuff. I've done enough reading about EPGP that I believe it to be the best and most fair system for a raiding guild.

My question is what do I need to do, step by step, to setup my guild site so that I can take advantage of this system. I'd like to use the GRSS as well to help in the management of this system.

I searched the forums and some of the questions and answers provided here in these forums seems to be a bit outdated. So, I thought it best to start a new topic.

Any help at all would be wonderful and thank you in advance for your help
There's not a whole lot you have to do to convert to using EPGP instead of DKP, largely because the fundamental difference between EPGP and DKP is that EPGP divides the earned by the spent where DKP subtracts the earned from the spent.

To make the system do this calculation for you, simply edit the "DKP System" and check the box labeled "This is an EPGP System." Once that's done (and you've run the GetGRSSDKP.exe program accordingly), the everything else is done in exactly the same way: Recoring how many points were spent on items (GP), and how many points people receive for attendance (EP).

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
There's not a whole lot you have to do to convert to using EPGP instead of DKP, largely because the fundamental difference between EPGP and DKP is that EPGP divides the earned by the spent where DKP subtracts the earned from the spent.

To make the system do this calculation for you, simply edit the "DKP System" and check the box labeled "This is an EPGP System." Once that's done (and you've run the GetGRSSDKP.exe program accordingly), the everything else is done in exactly the same way: Recoring how many points were spent on items (GP), and how many points people receive for attendance (EP).

Sounds easy enough, I'm going to assume that GRSS doesn't know the value of each item(GP) and that will have to be entered manually, correct? Also should I be able to award EP through GRSS or through the website or both? Another question, How to set up the Decay since with EPGP Decay is a % after each raid and does it decay both EP and GP?

*EDIT*
I just got the email about the big over haul on the GRSS and the forums as well. I'll just wait to see how things pan out. Until then I will continue to use the GRSS specific to loot tracking for the website and use the EPGP mod for the tracking of points.
Hey Chops,

As you may remember we discussed EPGP and how the site works. I'm running a simple system at the moment with it on and had a question about the Decay.

Since Decay is a fundamental part of the EPGP system I was wondering how the site implemented the Decay.
The current settings are
Start decay: 7 days
Fully decayed value: .10
Period length: 90 days

How does the decay..decay? In the EPGP system both EP(earned) and GP(spent) are decayed to give you the decayed PR(Current). Is this how the site works or does it simply Decay the Current Dkp?

--
www.jubilance.org
In the EPGP system both EP(earned) and GP(spent) are decayed to give you the decayed PR(Current). Is this how the site works or does it simply Decay the Current Dkp?

Correct, both EP and GP will be decayed, though the rate of decay is different.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
SWEET!

Thanks for the Fast response chops.

--
www.jubilance.org
Did you add the functionality to manually decay both earned and spent points yet?

That's one feature that's kept me from using the loot system of my site for anything more than tracking who wins what.

[Back to Index]