Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Bug
Section of the Site Applications
Urgency (4 votes)
Rating (3 votes)
Description:
We use thread tags to control who can and cannot see our applications. We have the normal tag for current applications which all of our members above a certain rank can see. Then we have an archive tag that only officers can see and an initiate tag for initiates to continue to be voted on by the members.

After the changes today all of the applications had their tags changed to the default. Making 4 pages worth of applications viewable to everyone in the guild. A delicate issue since we do not like members to see their own threads.

I've already manually changed every thread to the correct tag, but I wanted to report the problem to prevent it from occurring again. And perhaps warn any other guilds that use a similar system.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
Fix implemented
We do the same thing, and every guild I have been an officer in has done something similar.

We never delete an application they just get put in archives and the officers use them to record any issues or problems we have with folks for their entire stay in the guild. So keeping them seperated is rather important.
Same with us - whenever we make a change to the Application settings now, all the thread tags get reverted back to default - it's annoying.
This happened to our guild prior to the patch being deployed as well. The problem seems to occur whenever you update any of the application settings. All applications, old and new get dumped back into the thread tag designated even if you've moved an application to another thread.

I haven't yet changed any of the application settings on our site because I'm dreading having to go through six pages of applications and putting all the old ones back where they belong.

We have two threads:

Applications - for those that are currently open and being decided on.

Old Applications - archived applications, accepted or rejected.

I imagine that many other guilds do the same thing. I see at least three do.

What I'm hoping for that would resolve this, is that the "Thread Tag to use for Applications:" is only applied to brand new applications, and not any of the old ones.

Edit:

I'm not sure if this is a bug as much as it is a feature change request, but I voted based on how much I'd like to see this change.
A fix to this bug has been deployed. What will happen, for now, is that applications that are still in the default thread tag will change to the newly selected one. Those apps that have had their thread tag changed, however, will remain.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
A fix to this bug has been deployed. What will happen, for now, is that applications that are still in the default thread tag will change to the newly selected one. Those apps that have had their thread tag changed, however, will remain.

Awesome! Thank you Chops!

Also, big thanks for all the other improvements you've deployed and are working on. They are greatly appreciated.

[Back to Index]