Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Bug
Section of the Site Characters/Roster
Urgency (0 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
The last few days i've been trying to edit custom rosters and Event schedules. I can always pull up the roster or even, but when i make changes and click save or submit, the browser hangs. I've tried this with Mozilla Firefox, IE 7, and Opera. All 3 browsers have this problem. It always hangs and then errors out with a 500 Internal Server Error.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
Interesting. I'm looking into this. Have you noticed any kind of pattern to it? It always hangs when you save the roster page or the edit event page?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Yes. Its just those two pages that i've noticed so far.
And it happens every time. Not randomly. I can not edit events or save roster pages without getting this error.

The interesting thing is that the changes are saved... so when i close the browser and reload the page the changes are saved. But when i click the button it just hangs and i have to restart the browser.
I also notice that when i do either of these things, i have to close the browser completely and reopen it to do anything else on the site. (IE or Firefox)
Alrighty. I'm pretty sure I have this one under control. Give it a shot now. Things should be noticably faster.

--
Not completely fixed yet. Adding a member to your "Raiders" roster is very slow. Because your events are defined for an entire year, with large rosters, the server is doing a lot of work.

Honestly, I would recommend changing your recurring events to go by three months or so, rather than the entire year.

I'm still working on the performance issues, though, so if you don't mind waiting, then don't worry about it.

--
Quote by Chops
Not completely fixed yet. Adding a member to your "Raiders" roster is very slow. Because your events are defined for an entire year, with large rosters, the server is doing a lot of work.

Honestly, I would recommend changing your recurring events to go by three months or so, rather than the entire year.

I'm still working on the performance issues, though, so if you don't mind waiting, then don't worry about it.

Okay. I shortened the events to 3 months. I'll manually extend them every so often. That seemed to fix the lockup.

Still having difficulties w/ specifing raid roles, but thats in the other ticket. >.< Thanks!

[Back to Index]