Password:

Forgot your password?
Windows cannot access...

Windows cannot access...
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: [Tickets]

I just downloaded the dkp mod set and while I have installed the one for ingame when I try to activate the one for out of game use I get an error that says, the path I am using is either not found, or I don't have the appropriate permissions.Any ideas? I've tried reinstalling it a few times as well and choosing a different destination for the program none of them worked.
Which program is giving you this error? The DKPProfilerUploader, GetGRSSDKP, DKP Profiler Installer?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Which program is giving you this error? The DKPProfilerUploader, GetGRSSDKP, DKP Profiler Installer?

The installer has run fine, it's the uploader itself that's causing the issue. Or at least as far as I can tell that's the issue.
To help my troubleshooting, could you post a screenshot of the error for me please?

--
Quote by Chops
To help my troubleshooting, could you post a screenshot of the error for me please?

The message itself is: Windows cannot acces the specified device, path, or file. You may ot have appropriate permissions to access the item.

Bizarre. At what point does this error come up? When you first start the program? Right after you log in? Does the DKPProfiler Window even open? If it does, are there any errors in the messages box?

--
The program doesn't even open. The error pops up when I try to start it.
Alrighty, that sounds to me like a DLL issue of some sort.

I recommend installing this file.

At the bottom, you should see this:

Download the top one "msxml6.msi" and install it.

This may fix the problem, but then again, it may not, I'm just guessing here, as I've not seen this error before.

--
I found the issue unfortunately. When I ran a virus check on the program it came up as a trojan. I suggest you check your download source file.
Quote by overlytweeked
I found the issue unfortunately. When I ran a virus check on the program it came up as a trojan. I suggest you check your download source file.

What virus scanner? I can assure you this is not a trojan. Sophos AV used to consider it a trojan too, until I contacted them, and got that all straightened out.

Plus, it would be a completely inneffective trojan if you can't even get the program to run.

--
Avast! home edition is what I used to scan it. And I don't doubt what you've said. I believe my computer has a virus and the program was infected. Once I have the problem on my end figured out I'm going to try and download the program again.
Avast! home edition is what I used to scan it. And I don't doubt what you've said. I believe my computer has a virus and the program was infected. Once I have the problem on my end figured out I'm going to try and download the program again.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll see if I can reproduce it with a fresh install of Avast. If Avast is indeed flagging it as a trojan, I'll be contacting them to get it corrected.

--
I've confirmed that Avast identifies the DKPProfilerUploader as a trojan. It is not a trojan, and no other anti-virus program identifies it as such, a least of the 20 antiviruses tried.

I'm contacting Avast to get this situation resolved.

If you wish to scan it yourself to verify my findings, check out http://virusscan.jotti.org/

--
Avast has cleared the DKPProfilerUploader, and no longer flags it as a Trojan. I've confirmed this with the latest version of Avast, as well as their online scanner.

--

[Back to Index]