Password:

Forgot your password?
zero sum system

zero sum system
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Tickets]
Secondary: [Guild Policies]

i have a problem with zero sum system. i cant find a way to use zero sum system without hours of manual dkp input. I will describe what i do:1. i upload dkp snapshot of raid and loot. 2. here comes the first problem. I would have to use redistribute points option, but the problem is that for ex if we killed 5 bosses and on each boss was one or two loots, i must maually open that loot in wowarmory to find out on which boss which item was looted. that takes ages. 3. when i find that out i enter points to be redistributed in each boss snapshot window. and here come the biggest problem. zero sum should give points for looted item to all raid members. but if i use redistribute points option it gives points also to person who looted that item. and that not right. and if there are two loots from the same boss then it complete chaoss...

before i was using quickdkp addon which in that way was working perfectly. only thing i had to do is enter item value and press buton. now i have to browse wowarmory and enter all fields manually with calculator. maybe there is some thing im doing wrong? please help!!
Quote by Bocmanis
i have a problem with zero sum system. i cant find a way to use zero sum system without hours of manual dkp input. I will describe what i do:1. i upload dkp snapshot of raid and loot. 2. here comes the first problem. I would have to use redistribute points option, but the problem is that for ex if we killed 5 bosses and on each boss was one or two loots, i must maually open that loot in wowarmory to find out on which boss which item was looted. that takes ages. 3. when i find that out i enter points to be redistributed in each boss snapshot window. and here come the biggest problem. zero sum should give points for looted item to all raid members. but if i use redistribute points option it gives points also to person who looted that item. and that not right. and if there are two loots from the same boss then it complete chaoss...

before i was using quickdkp addon which in that way was working perfectly. only thing i had to do is enter item value and press buton. now i have to browse wowarmory and enter all fields manually with calculator. maybe there is some thing im doing wrong? please help!!

really sorry to bother you chops, but can i get some answer too?

really sorry to bother you chops, but can i get some answer too?

It's really no sweat, I just haven't gotten to this one yet.

But I am now.

I would have to use redistribute points option, but the problem is that for ex if we killed 5 bosses and on each boss was one or two loots, i must maually open that loot in wowarmory to find out on which boss which item was looted. that takes ages.

The next major release of the GRSS will include some pretty neat fixes for this problem. My current advice is actually rather simple. With a pen and paper, just record the totals of the items for the boss. I realize that's counter to the

zero sum should give points for looted item to all raid members. but if i use redistribute points option it gives points also to person who looted that item. and that not right.

That is by design, and by tradition, in nearly every other DKP implementation I've ever encountered. I'm afraid there's no workaround in our system for that aside from painful time-consuming calculation.

Consider this analogy:

Say, you work for a company that manufactures cars. You decide that this one particular month, you wish to buy a car from the company. Should you be denied your month's salary because you decided to buy the car?

This is the equivalent of not awarding points to the player because he bought an item. He helped to "create" the item, and he's buying it for the price. But he should still get paid for his "work". Plus, the amount he's getting back is trivial in comparison (4% of the cost of the item).

Here's a link to the way our Zero Sum DKP is implemented (the traditional way)

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/26749 (scroll down to the "Zero-sum DKP" section)

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Assuming that you're loading 1 raid per boss you kill just check the time stamp of the boss kill in the title of the raid. Then until you're more familiar with the drops you can just put all the items that are around that time frame as loot for that mob. Once you get used to doing it then you will be ok.

Chops is correct a 0 sum dkp system still awards points to the person who gets an item.

[Back to Index]