Password:

Forgot your password?
GRSS Invite - Wow Specific Suggestions

GRSS Invite - Wow Specific Suggestions
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

The "/grss invite" tool, while functional, could use some enhancements. I appreciate the fast response from support that I've gotten when needed so please don't take this as a complete gripe. I mean this as constructive criticism. Before switching to the dkpsystem format, we used an in-game calendar called Group Calendar (GC for short). It had it's disadvantages but many of it's features were awesome and extremely useful and I've missed them greatly since the switch. While I realize this could take a significant amount of work, I believe it would be a HUGE improvement if a few of these features could be implemented into the GRSS add-on.

- Guild wide sync - It would be very helpful if the addon utilized the hidden chat channels in-game so that when I upload the .lua info from our website then log into the game, it gave others who have the add-on the ability to sync to my file as well as auto-updated at set intervals (GC would auto-update via a guild-wide sync every 5 minutes I believe). Some issues this could help alleviate are dc's during raids or full power outages even by duplicating the information. Also, for my usage in particular, I'm the dkp admin but someone else is raid leader and handles invites. Our raid leader is the decision maker on wait-list spots. It's easier if he controls who is on the list for quick replacements during encounters. Yet b/c I'm the one controlling snapshots, he still has to tell me who's on the wait-st so that they get credited for being on the wait-list. If this information was synced it would help avoid that.

- More Robust GUI - Would like to see viewing of raid events in a calendar view possibly but at the very least, with a bit more in-game detail. Clicking on the day on the calendar opens another window which shows the details of the event. Being able to see in real-time who has signed up for the raid (based on the .lua upload from the website), organized by either class or role (depending on how you set up the event) would be a huge benefit for those who are trying to set up the raid. Being able to see the list of signups and it showing me who I've invited, who has joined, who has declined, who's online vs offline. As it is now, i click the "invite" button and it sends out invites. During that process, I have to manually convert to a raid group (GC did that automatically as invites were accepted, yes, lazy, I know, but just one less thing I have to worry about) and then I have to scroll through my chat log to see who it says "not online, already in a group, etc". Also, when sending the invites out, GC sends a canned whisper to the person it's inviting saying "you are being invited to X event. Please click yes to join, no to cancel". Obviously not ground breaking but just a nice courtesy imho when inviting someone to group. People should know when they're supposed to raid but there's just something about an invite that makes it very impersonal when it's not prefaced by a whisper.

Since there is an add-on (while VERY out of date) that already has the ability to do these things, how unlikely would it be to get some of these features implemented? I for one, would be very grateful as this is the only feature so far that I've not been very impressed with since switching over to dkpsystems. Thank you for the great work you all do!
I must add I was just think that myself in yesterdays raid. Especially the ability to sync between people so my raid leaders can put people on the waiting list and when I take the snap shots they come up save on wishpers alot and as any raid leader knows you have way to many already why make more for yourself. As well the whisper prior to invite will let them know they missed it or may still be in a group. Also if it showed the list of people that are signed up would be nice as our guild has a no summon policy. It would be nice to be able to see who is signed up and then we can cross reference that with who is at the door and them send them the invite via the grss mod.
I appreciate the well thought out post here. All of those points will be considered (and indeed I hope to implement many of them). There's been mentioning of modifications to better support this stuff (as well as calendar stuff, which others on the site have dubbed the "DKPCalendar" mod)

All in all, good posts and good points.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I'd just like to add that the sitlist functionality could be enchanted even beyond syncing. At the moment my guild is running Ekwaitlist, EKraidattend and GRSS in order to use the more robust functionality of Ekwaitlist's sitlist. We do not use any of the waitlist features in GRSS because they just don't compare in terms of ease of use and amount of data.

If you could look into EKwaitlist and see if there are aspects of it you could mimic in GRSS that would be awesome. Things such as: Name and Alt recognition, class, rank, time signed up, notes, and syncing.

Since there is an add-on (while VERY out of date) that already has the ability to do these things, how unlikely would it be to get some of these features implemented? I for one, would be very grateful as this is the only feature so far that I've not been very impressed with since switching over to dkpsystems. Thank you for the great work you all do!

He might be referring to EKwaitlist there. Not sure. I agree about loving dkpsystems though.

--
Quote by enarra
He might be referring to EKwaitlist there.

I was actually referring to the Group Calendar mod. It's a mod that already has the ability to do many of the things I'm LF so maybe some of the changes could be modeled after that but any way we can get some enhancements for the current add-on would be great.
I'm new here so I don't want to sound presumptuous. I'm still trying to figure out how best to assist support when I see something that could use improvements. Is there a way (ticket submission, point by point wish-lists, etc) that I should be submitting my suggestions to help them get attention or receive/track any sort of priority?

I should point out that I'm a stay-at-home wow player (cough*mom*cough) so I have nothing but time on my hands during the day and would be more than willing to help with testing, version control, data reviews, etc. If there's anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to request it. I'd love to help with any improvements as needed.
Tickets are my preferred means, specifically because it makes prioritizing requests easier. But I mark certain posts as Favorite so that I can find it easier when I'm working on changes.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]