Forgot your password?
My Flash link isnt working

My Flash link isnt working
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

http://perditionrox.dkpsystem.com/

Hi chops, or whoever else might have some idea.

You helped me out alot last time, but i have another problem...

I remade my guilds flash logo and when i test it out on the splash screen i can just click on the flash and it auto goes to the link

but when i actually go to http://perditionrox.dkpsystem.com/ after turning the splash on it won't let me left click only right click and open into another window, so i have no idea what is wrong there if you got any idea, it would be much apppreciated

thank you again!
Is there something i have to disable for it to work ?

I don't understand why it works in the splash just fine, but not when i go to http://perditionrox.dkpsystem.com/

I have to right click on my flash to use the links on it, while it works fine before i enable it, in the test splash screen..
??
Weird. I have no idea. I know very little about flash.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I don't think its a flash problem....
Chops, is there some html i need to change when i enable the splash?
it works in the tests but doesn't seem that way after i enable it...
I'd like to say that it doesn't actually work fine when testing. If you click the "Test It" button, that doesn't work. You're probably clicking the "Current Test Splash Page", which is for downloading. To truly test it in the proper environment, you'll need to click the "Test It" button.

As for the issue, I'm still trying to figure it out, but I believe it has something to do with the external nature of the files being loaded. That said, however, plenty of other guilds have gotten it working just fine. While it may be something in the script or the HTML that'll make it work, ultimately, it's a flash issue.

--
cool, can you link a few webpages?

I'd like to see the see one like mine, so i can compare the html.
One thing, why is it when i upload it to the file section, it works fine in there? the .html file but doesnt work on splash, what changes?
I don't know what happen now, but now it just won't even show up, i didn't touch anything... on the splash that is
It seems either you or someone else clicked "Disable Splash" on the Admin Splash page. I've re-enabled it.

--
lol *sigh*

I was totally not talking about the Disable Enable options, this crap is so frustrating!

When i test the flash, it works
when i upload it, and test it, it worked
then i enabled it... and it works, but the links won't even though they did when i clicked on "Test it"

Originally, then i uploaded another but didn't post it, and now its all gone to hell
I was totally not talking about the Disable Enable options, this crap is so frustrating!

My response about the enable/disable was to this post:

I don't know what happen now, but now it just won't even show up, i didn't touch anything... on the splash that is

I am aware what the overall issue is, and my experience with flash is so limited that I simply don't know where to look. Google so far as been fruitless.

--
The problem with your newly uploaded splash screen for testing is the same as the first problem (the problem with the paths): change the paths to http://dkpfiles.com/perditionrox/files/

--
SOLVED!

Find this in the code:

'allowScriptAccess','sameDomain',

and change it to this:

'allowScriptAccess','always',

--
'allowScriptAccess','sameDomain',

This code comes up i think about 3 times in the source
Everywhere. That's what's preventing it from allowing the clicks. The flash page is loading from the domain dkpfiles.com, while the splash page itself is being served from perditionrox.dkpsystem.com

--
omg chops, you fucking rock man, btw is that avatar from the movie....hmm something.... in little china town
Quote by Grimrob
omg chops, you fucking rock man, btw is that avatar from the movie....hmm something.... in little china town

Haha...thanks man. Yes, yes it is. Best movie ever.

--

[Back to Index]