Forgot your password?
Forum Requests

Forum Requests
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Please chops, make the following changes:

1. Make a confirmation box when you move a thread.

2. Make a log of who deletes threads and who moves threads.

3. Make security permissions on who can move threads.

--
Number 3 is previously done. The rules for who can change the thread tag are:

1) Anyone can change the thread tag of a thread they made
2) Those ranks with "officer" (Forum Administration permissions in the "Security Access" section).

Is the popup for "Thread Tag Modified" really not sufficient? If you change the thread tag and it tells you this and you didn't want to change it, couldn't they just change it back? Granted, it's not a huge thing to implement a confirmation box for it, but I find it a little odd, I guess, since it's so easy to change back if a mistake is made.

As for a log of who changes or deletes threads, I'll look into that for you.

You having problems with people messing up your forums?

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Because this forum system is a huge change for people that come from standard forum styles, yes, a confirmation box is needed IMO. We had an incident this evening where an extremly sensitive officer matter was moved into general forums. I have a feeling that this was done on purpose. So having a confirmation box would eliminate someone claiming that it was an accident and having a log would be nice to see who actually did it.

--
Ouch. I see.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
I've added all these to the list of things to do.

----

--

[Back to Index]