Forgot your password?
Amateur Help

Amateur Help
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

My website is www.smokinaces.dkpsystem.com

1) How do I lower that main bar that’s going threw the banner, or how can it even be removed?

2) How can I remove Upcoming Raids? I don’t see it under ‘Menu Administration’.

3) How do I limit the shouts listed?

If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it. If you answer lay within using the CSS Editor I’m fine with that just let me know the line of code I need and where to put it.

Thanks.
Please help.
1) How do I lower that main bar that’s going threw the banner, or how can it even be removed?

For this I'm fairly sure you are going to need to download and edit your layout.html file. You will need to either locate the table element that the banner is in and make it taller. Ensure that the main bar is in a different table row that is below your banner. I'm looking at this from work so half the time graphics don't load and I don't see your banner to really see the issue.

2) How can I remove Upcoming Raids? I don’t see it under ‘Menu Administration’.

Again for this you need to edit your layout.html file. You need to locate and remove the following tags.
<!-- System:NextEventName -->
<!-- System:NextEventDate -->

3) How do I limit the shouts listed?

Find this in the CSS editor. If it isn't there add it. overflow:auto specifically makes the box scrollable rather than show all. height:200px is the height of the box in pixels.

/* This is the Shoutbox style */
.shoutbox{
	overflow:auto;
	height: 200px;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-size: 7.5pt;
}

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Thanks a lot for the info... I had one more major concern I see happening.

Users on a 1024x768 or lower rez, or people not using their web browser in full screen are missing parts of the centre screen.

What seems to happen is the left menus and the right menu's move over to fit the browser window but then the middle portion of the page (new,forums w/e) are getting cut off.
Quote by Guttorn
Thanks a lot for the info... I had one more major concern I see happening.

Users on a 1024x768 or lower rez, or people not using their web browser in full screen are missing parts of the centre screen.

What seems to happen is the left menus and the right menu's move over to fit the browser window but then the middle portion of the page (new,forums w/e) are getting cut off.

Are they not getting a scroll bar at the bottom of their screen? You might want to look at the layout.html if this is the case and make sure there is not a statement anywhere that would turn off any kind of scrolling.

I just looked at it in my broswer and I don't run full screen. As I scale my browser down I get scroll bars that appear at the bottom of the screen as expected. I am using Firefox.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

[Back to Index]