Password:

Forgot your password?
DKP System Setup

DKP System Setup
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Do you have any information on how to actually get the DKP portion of the site setup and working? I just signed up for the site and it seems fantastic, but I am not totally sure how to use the DKP system.

I downloaded and installed the GRSS and Guild Bank but am uncertain what to actually do with them.

I took a 'sample' snapshot and it seemed to upload but I got some message about "not finding xsomethingx." I am trying to fully test this before I actually use it on a raid and people get annoyed.

Basically a 'how-to' type thing for the DKP system usage would be fantastic.

Thanks for your help.
how to's are coming, it was probably bitching at you cuz you weren't in a grp when you took the ss and it didn't find anything in the file you created. if you get in a grp it should put the members in the file, one thing you can do as well to make sure is after you make an ss, open that file with notepad or something. Its all english and legible so you can see exactly what its doing.

I'm just another user myself and everything i've seen is pretty self explanitory. www.thedarkwrath.com if you're looking for ideas.

ps: chops now owes me $5000 for tech support service kthxbye
----
its the soulman
Thanks for the reply. I actually was in a raid group at the time but just standing in Iron Forge. Is there a list of the commands even somewhere listed?

Maybe I am just missing something basic.....

how to's are coming, it was probably bitching at you cuz you weren't in a grp when you took the ss and it didn't find anything in the file you created. if you get in a grp it should put the members in the file, one thing you can do as well to make sure is after you make an ss, open that file with notepad or something. Its all english and legible so you can see exactly what its doing.

I'm just another user myself and everything i've seen is pretty self explanitory. www.thedarkwrath.com if you're looking for ideas.

ps: chops now owes me $5000 for tech support service kthxbye
----
its the soulman
/grss <snapshot> for snapshot
/grss reset to purge
/grss noauto to disable auto-snapshot
/grss yesauto to enabled auto-snapshot

----
its the soulman
/grss <snapshot> for snapshot
/grss reset to purge
/grss noauto to disable auto-snapshot
/grss yesauto to enabled auto-snapshot

----
its the soulman

Thanks sparticus. So once you take a snapshot does it assign specific DKP values or is it just for the loot and you manually assign DKP?

If it auto-assigns what kind of formula does it use to calculate values?
once you upload the ss, a raid page will pop up, you can name the raid and set the destination. Back on the admin page you can create destinations like "MC" and set how much they are worth. Back on that raid page you can choose to use the default of the dest, or set a custom value. you can also set custum values for each raid member, say one dude joined really late, you could set his dkp to like half of everybody elses.

This is nice since i usually double the dkp value the first time we kill something, or if the raid puts in 4 hours of decent attempts, i'll usually give em more than the default.

the usual approach is to create a destination for the dungeon and each boss in it and set them all to a small number. so you get dkp for showing up and for each boss you help down.

the auto mode of the mod automatically takes a ss every time a major boss dies in mc/bwl, not sure about zg or aq stuff yet, chops can prolly answer that. so you don't have to worry about forgetting to take an ss, it's pretty slick.

you can awlays enter a raid manually too without the mod with the "add/edit existing raid" link in the admin section.

----
its the soulman
Wow, thanx for covering for me Soulman, your check for $5k is in the mail, with a $250 bonus.

Yeah, one of the things on my list is the addition of adding bosses and whatnot on the list of what get's "Auto-Snapshotted." As it stands right now, all the bosses in MC and BWL trigger a snapshot with ONE exception: Majordomo.

As you might know, Domo dies when Ragnaros kills him, and the snapshot gets triggered then. The VERY next thing to add is a trigger when Domo is defeated and shouts "Impossible! I submit! I submit!....blah blah blah" (I forget exactly what he says).

Thanks for the compliments, and I finally started work yesterday and allowing the sites to fully-customize the layout, color-scheme, etc of the site, all the way down to the HTML and CSS level.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Thanks sparticus. So once you take a snapshot does it assign specific DKP values or is it just for the loot and you manually assign DKP?

If it auto-assigns what kind of formula does it use to calculate values?

On the "DKP Destinations" page, you can specify a "Default" point value for the destination as well as the ratio certain ranks should receive (if different from the standard 100%). For example, a guild could conceivably give 50% dkp to initiates, while giving 100% to full-on members.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
To Upload the Snapshot, you'll need to go to the Admin Menu in the DKP Part and Click the "Upload Snapshot" link. Follow the directions on that page, and your snapshots will be entered.

----

--
Wow, thanx for covering for me Soulman, your check for $5k is in the mail, with a $250 bonus.

Woot! better camp this site more!!

----
its the soulman

[Back to Index]