Forgot your password?
calendar signups

calendar signups
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

hello.

i was wondering if there is a calendar mod to use ingame to be able to upload/feed into the guild dkp website. ppl complain all the time that they would rather use GEM ingame and some ppl think its better to signup on the site since you dont have to be logged into the game to signup.

constant battle.

any suggestions or maybe a mod idea for someone good with that kind of thing to work on?

thx
There is an importer for GroupCalendar.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
There is an importer for GroupCalendar.

chops- you rock my world. i will have to try this out!

tysvm.

chops- you rock my world. i will have to try this out!

There is one major drawback to the GroupCalendar importer though: It doesn't go both ways. If you are doing GroupCalendar Importing, it overwrites all signups on the site, which means your members will all need to have the GroupCalendar mod and they must sign up exclusively in-game.

I've been giving thought to adding some kind of calendar mod.

--
oooo. ty for mentioning that. that would be bad. hm. back to the drawing board then. seems like i'd need one to import but not override the signups already on the site.

thx for the warning.
Like I said, I'm toying with the idea of an integrated calendar mod to go with the site, one that goes both ways, but it's only something I'm toying with at the moment. No promises

--
it would be a helpful and awesome addition if you did it, i'm glad you have thought of it- maybe some day it will work out

thx.
Quote by Chops
Like I said, I'm toying with the idea of an integrated calendar mod to go with the site, one that goes both ways, but it's only something I'm toying with at the moment. No promises

I would absolutely love this. Group Calendar is awesome, but has the drawback that you mention. If I had one add-on wish that could be granted I would wish for a calendar mod that does go both ways. There are pros and cons to using Group Calendar or GEM and pros and cons to using the website calendar. Something that allowed us to do both would erase those cons. I know you're still in the toying stage, but I just wanted to let you know that I think that if the idea you're toying with existed, many would rejoice.
Quote by Aliyrra
I know you're still in the toying stage, but I just wanted to let you know that I think that if the idea you're toying with existed, many would rejoice.

I know I certainly would!

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus

[Back to Index]