Password:

Forgot your password?
Very Odd. I cannot view posts or make posts

Very Odd. I cannot view posts or make posts
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I made a second account just to be sure. I can only view one tag on my guild's forum from a few months ago. I cannot make posts, private posts, and I cannot see any other posts made by other guild members with the exception to the one sticky that is there and was made months ago. When I try to create a new Post, I get this error message:
"Unfortunately, you don't have permission to post to any thread tags"

When I try to search for all posts made by myself, I get no results....and no results when I search for posts made by other guildies.

So I thought maybe the admin did something to me, so I called my guild leader. Nope. I made a second account just in case. Same thing. Not only that, but I didnt even log in and up in the right hand corner where it shows the popular threads, there is only one listed and its that same sticky. This has got to be the strangest thing I have ever seen. I also tried using 5 different computers; home, work, GF's house, friend's house. Different browsers, IE, Firefox, netscape. All the same. The weirdest part is that it's not our site because all the otehr guildies can post, are posting, and replying to messages at this very moment...I called them and asked. No one can figure out whats going on. It's like I am cursed...
Something similar happened to a guild member of mine last year.
Delete your cookies and cache if you haven't.
If that doesn't clear it check the filter options on your forums. He had somehow gotten an extremely restrictive filter set on his forums and couldn't see anything. The only way it cleared for him was by selecting another filter and then going back to general and clicking All.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
Something similar happened to a guild member of mine last year.
Delete your cookies and cache if you haven't.
If that doesn't clear it check the filter options on your forums. He had somehow gotten an extremely restrictive filter set on his forums and couldn't see anything. The only way it cleared for him was by selecting another filter and then going back to general and clicking All.

last post on our forums was made on 12/10...there have been posts and replies since then, and of course before then. But for some odd reason thats the ONLY thread I can view, though I cannot reply.
My guild leader looked thru the settings and said everything looks good. My settings are good on my end. But dude, it does it when im logged out...before i even log in it only shows that one thread under the popular thread section. not only that but ive tried logging in on several different machines. just amazing
This is an interesting thing.

So, if you click "Simple Filter" and then select "All", it doesn't fix the problem?

What's the address of your site, and the username on that site? (please don't give me the password).

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
This is an interesting thing.

So, if you click "Simple Filter" and then select "All", it doesn't fix the problem?

What's the address of your site, and the username on that site? (please don't give me the password).

flipside.dkpsystem.com

user name is Mawi

Weirdest thing I have ever seen
No, clicking simple filter and All does not fix the problem.
I have the problem identified. It has to do with the rank configuration on your site right now.

Here's a screeny of your ranks admin page, with the offending ranks circled.

When those get fixed, your forum will appear for you.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
I have the problem identified. It has to do with the rank configuration on your site right now.

Here's a screeny of your ranks admin page, with the offending ranks circled.

When those get fixed, your forum will appear for you.

I cant thank you enough man. Merry Christmas

[Back to Index]