Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Suggestion
Section of the Site Accounts
Urgency (5 votes)
Rating (6 votes)
Description:
So, I don't think I'm alone on this, but I find the JavaScript alerts when approving/denying the various requests supremely annoying :)

My suggestion is to remove it entirely, and only emit something on a failure (if there's even any useful failure you can throw for those instances, besides a "found an error, report it to Chops!")

Seems like the good 'ole Unix mantra of "silence is success" is the most user-friendly form of feedback in that case
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
I think I'm missing something.
Alerts only used to show something that required an action or attention from someone that could administer that request.

Does it now show things that succeed and fail?

I think only showing an Error when an Error occurred is good but I want to make sure that your request is not saying "hey I don't like alerts so I don't want to see them" at all.

In that I think I would modify your request to say make the Alerting system customizable for the user experience. Allow the user to set whether they see events for specific items.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
He's talking about the javascript popup when you approve/deny things. The popup that looks like "Approve: 0, Denied: 2, No action: 3".

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
He's talking about the javascript popup when you approve/deny things. The popup that looks like "Approve: 0, Denied: 2, No action: 3".

Yeah I'd rather those didn't go away. I understand what he is saying about silent success however and especially when you are doing multiple actions it is nice to see that the system confirms the actions in a summary.

If you change anything it would be better to default them to on and give each user with admin type privileges for approvals the ability to turn them off for them only.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun

Yeah I'd rather those didn't go away. I understand what he is saying about silent success however and especially when you are doing multiple actions it is nice to see that the system confirms the actions in a summary.

If you change anything it would be better to default them to on and give each user with admin type privileges for approvals the ability to turn them off for them only.

I'd have to agree with Saudorun here. I like seeing what I do confirmed by the server, for my own sanity if nothing else.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus

[Back to Index]