Password:

Forgot your password?
GRSS and Chess Event?

GRSS and Chess Event?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Just noticed something past weekend; has GRSS ever SS'd for Chess Event in Kara?

We ran two raids this last weekend; and neither of them got a SS for Chess. I haven't checked my raid history yet for missing SS's - have we been missing it all along?

EDIT: Just checked. I see 1 SS in May for Chess. But since then, none.
Quote by motlycys
Just noticed something past weekend; has GRSS ever SS'd for Chess Event in Kara?

We ran two raids this last weekend; and neither of them got a SS for Chess. I haven't checked my raid history yet for missing SS's - have we been missing it all along?

EDIT: Just checked. I see 1 SS in May for Chess. But since then, none.

Just for clarity define SS.
Depending on the settings you run with GRSS will do 1 or 2 things.

Snap Shot of the raid at the time of death of the boss or condition that signifies the end of the event.

Screen Shot which opens the raid window and takes a screen shot in the event that the GRSS data is lost do to a game or system crash before a log out or reload forces the write to file.

A screen shot can only happen correctly for GRSS when you are out of combat as with the introduction of UI tainting the Raid UI can not be opened in Combat anymore.

I presume you are talking about a snap shot which is what gets uploaded to the website and used to award points but just wanted to make sure.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Yes, SnapShot. I don't have any SnapShot for Chess Event when I've uploaded Kara data for the past six months.
You would be correct, the GRSS does not capture the Chess event, unfortunately. Someone mentioned this a long time ago, and I forgot to look more deeply into it.

My problem comes, oddly enough, with not knowing which event is triggered when the chess event finishes. Supposedly there's some text like "The Walls of Karazhan shake and blah blah"

But I don't know what event it is that actually triggers that, and because I've never seen the chess event, I can't test it...yet. I'm working on the GRSS right now, so I'll see what I can uncover.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
You would be correct, the GRSS does not capture the Chess event, unfortunately. Someone mentioned this a long time ago, and I forgot to look more deeply into it.

My problem comes, oddly enough, with not knowing which event is triggered when the chess event finishes. Supposedly there's some text like "The Walls of Karazhan shake and blah blah"

But I don't know what event it is that actually triggers that, and because I've never seen the chess event, I can't test it...yet. I'm working on the GRSS right now, so I'll see what I can uncover.

Maybe someone that is actively running Kara and has the chess event down can get a member to FRAPS it and send you the video. That way you should be able to see the messages posted to chat and the events that happen.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Maybe someone that is actively running Kara and has the chess event down can get a member to FRAPS it and send you the video. That way you should be able to see the messages posted to chat and the events that happen.

I actually have almost all the information I need, but I need to see the events themselves that get triggered.

In brown text it says "The Halls of Karazhan Shake..." and I've just got to find the right event in the this list

--
I'm just making a stab in the dark, but I'm going to try it with CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_EMOTE and see what that does. Lemme know if it works.

--
Thanks for checking this out, Chops.

What's weird is that GRSS did record Chess Event back in May. Don't suppose you have an archive of old versions to see what changed to "break" it, do ya?

What's weird is that GRSS did record Chess Event back in May. Don't suppose you have an archive of old versions to see what changed to "break" it, do ya?

My guess is that you manually initiated your snapshot.

--
Looking at it now; I think you're right. The description doesn't match the mod's normal format.

Forget it. I'm a moron.

But adding it to future raids would be nice!

I've added it to the current one new GRSS (deployed today), but admittedly, I don't know if it's going to work. If it does, I'll be impressed, because I was just spitballing on the basis of the color of the text, to assume that it's an Emote for a hidden mob or something.

It probably won't work, but I've at least got something in there.

--
Quote by Chops

I've added it to the current one new GRSS (deployed today), but admittedly, I don't know if it's going to work. If it does, I'll be impressed, because I was just spitballing on the basis of the color of the text, to assume that it's an Emote for a hidden mob or something.

It probably won't work, but I've at least got something in there.

On a similar note, I've noticed that GRSS only catches Nightbane for my raids about 1/3 of the time, I usually end up having to take a manual snapshot, or copy another shot after the fact. Haven't been able to figure out a pattern for why that happens, though *shrug*

Additionally, on Oz, the snapshot is taken when Dorothee dies (not likely to wipe if you get that far in the event, but its possible, so should really be the Crone if at all possible), and on Romulo and Julianne, it takes a shot BOTH times Julianne Dies.

[Back to Index]