Password:

Forgot your password?
Role-based signups not functioning?

Role-based signups not functioning?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I'm not exactly certain what I'm doing wrong here, but I've just set my website up to use role-based signups instead of class-based. The issue is that when I go to sign up for the event I just created, it says I need to assign a class to my character in order to sign up for a role, however going into my character's profile, it's set properly in the drop-down menu. What am I missing?
Quote by Mohgrummar
I'm not exactly certain what I'm doing wrong here, but I've just set my website up to use role-based signups instead of class-based. The issue is that when I go to sign up for the event I just created, it says I need to assign a class to my character in order to sign up for a role, however going into my character's profile, it's set properly in the drop-down menu. What am I missing?

2 things. A) the Character is assigned the class. B) The character is associated correctly to the account. And actually the third things make sure that the class you are is listed in one of the roles. If your class is not defined in one of the roles you might get that error as well.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Also make sure that the Roles are assigned to the Classes (Admin > Schedule > Raid Roles). What's the address of your site?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
That's all been set up, classes are assigned to the different roles I've set up, and the character is associated with the account. To check the site, go to solstice.dkpsystem.com. For those of you that aren't dkpsystem admins, here is how I have my roles set up.

Primary Roles
Tank - Warrior, Druid, Paladin
Healer - Priest, Paladin, Druid, Shaman
Primary Melee DPS - Warrior, Rogue
Primary Ranged DPS - Mage, Hunter, Warlock

Secondary Roles
Secondary Melee DPS - Druid, Paladin, Shaman
Secondary Ranged DPS - Priest, Druid, Shaman

All of my characters are associated with my account, but none of the characters I try and sign up with allow for the selection of a role, even though all characters have the correct class associated with them.

Here's a copy-paste of the Account Information Page for my account. As you can see, the character is set up properly. I left off my alts and the links about posts, etc.

Account Name: Mohgrummar
Website Member Since: 11/4/07 11:01am
Date Last Accessed Site: 11/11/07 4:24pm
Characters:
Mohgrummar 70 Tauren Warrior
What's your site's address. I'll see what I can uncover.

--
Quote by Chops
What's your site's address. I'll see what I can uncover.

solstice.dkpsystem.com as I said in the previous post.
Oh, I see. I'm glad you found this, because it's not documented, and I need to make it so.

You'll need to specify a minimum or maximum of each role for it show on the list.

The reasoning for this, is that some Roles can overlap. For example, Someone could make a general purpose DPS role (if the ranged/melee distinction isn't needed), while also making Roles for both Ranged and Melee DPS.

Sorry for the trouble.

--
Quote by Chops
Oh, I see. I'm glad you found this, because it's not documented, and I need to make it so.

You'll need to specify a minimum or maximum of each role for it show on the list.

The reasoning for this, is that some Roles can overlap. For example, Someone could make a general purpose DPS role (if the ranged/melee distinction isn't needed), while also making Roles for both Ranged and Melee DPS.

Sorry for the trouble.

Wow, that's a really clumsy way of doing it, imo. Is there any way to make it so as to eliminate the need to put in a minimum? A maximum I can see being plausible (you don't go into a 25-man raid with 15 healers, for instance) but a minimum doesn't seem necessary.
Is there any way to make it so as to eliminate the need to put in a minimum?

I'm afraid not at the moment. But this discussion did get my mind going. The mechanism is such that you need to specify which Roles you wish to use, which naturally lends itself toward a checkbox.

--
Quote by Chops

I'm afraid not at the moment. But this discussion did get my mind going. The mechanism is such that you need to specify which Roles you wish to use, which naturally lends itself toward a checkbox.

Alright then. Here's a new issue; now that it's functioning, I see one more oops. One of my guildies (a warlock) that signed up as a Primary Ranged DPS is also showing up in the Secondary Melee DPS column, which does not allow warlocks... O_o
Alright then. Here's a new issue; now that it's functioning, I see one more oops. One of my guildies (a warlock) that signed up as a Primary Ranged DPS is also showing up in the Secondary Melee DPS column, which does not allow warlocks... O_o

Man, you're just finding the bugs today. What's the event I should be looking for. I'll play with it later tonight and make a fix.

--
Quote by Chops

Man, you're just finding the bugs today. What's the event I should be looking for. I'll play with it later tonight and make a fix.

It's the only event up on our calendar right now so it should be easy to spot. Thanks! Don't mean to be such a bother.
Don't mean to be such a bother.

Not a problem at all. Finding and eliminating bugs is pretty important, so I appreciate you being so helpful.

--
Quote by Chops
Don't mean to be such a bother.

Not a problem at all. Finding and eliminating bugs is pretty important, so I appreciate you being so helpful.

I hear ya, I've done beta testing for lots of things and know the value of eliminating bugs. Sometimes I can be a little vociferous in my efforts however. ;D
I hear ya, I've done beta testing for lots of things and know the value of eliminating bugs. Sometimes I can be a little vociferous in my efforts however. ;D

I was able to verify it, and I'll be trying to figure out why it's doing that. I wasn't able to reproduce it in the few minutes I looked (created a test Warlock account, but wasn't able to get it to put me into the secondary melee DPS group).

--
Quote by Chops

Sorry for such a belated addition to this thread, but I just got bitten by this as well. Honestly, role-based raid scheduling should behave exactly the same as class based. If you don't put in values, it should display all options when signing up. If you don't do that, it will continue to bite people who assume it works the same way.

Now, that being said, I could understand having specialized roles that you only want to bother with for some fights (kiters on Vash, for example). So, my suggestion would be to have an additional bit for roles (when created), for general roles (always listed) vs specific roles (have to be enabled for a given event). Specific roles have a checkbox on the event schedule dialog, and only show up if they're checked (you could even have the checkbox enable the min/max fields, so those can't have values entered unless enabled).

[Back to Index]