Password:

Forgot your password?
DKP item values

DKP item values
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Guild Policies]
Secondary: None

I guess all items have a set value of 0 by default and that is fine.

I am just looking for some suggestions from the community as to were to find a good formula to calculate set values so that they make sense. I don't like the idea of just picking random numbers out of the air it is bound to cause turmoil if someone thinks they are paying to much.
Myself, I've always been partial to "Let the market decide" by auctioning. That eliminates that problem.

But in terms of a formula, I dunno.

I've still got some ideas for integrating formulaic calculations into the item prices with the GRSS, but that's not something I've started yet, unfortunately.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Kriknosnah
I guess all items have a set value of 0 by default and that is fine.

I am just looking for some suggestions from the community as to were to find a good formula to calculate set values so that they make sense. I don't like the idea of just picking random numbers out of the air it is bound to cause turmoil if someone thinks they are paying to much.

There used to be a few mods that did this for you in game. I don't recall what they are but used be hosted on ui.worldofwar.net that has now changed to wowui.incgamers.com. They were listed under the raid category.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Yea I know of a few that use to do it but in all the cases I know of they are out of date and you have to install everything on a web sever and setup a database and such and I don't have time for that right now.

I guess I was just wanting to see if someone else has ran across the any good formulas. I can do the calculations myself (happen to be good at math) just need the basic formula.
Here's the formula I used. In retrospect the only thing I would change in this is a zone modifier so that way old content farming, mags/gruul inparticular because they drop so much loot compared to other bosses until 2.4, doesn't inflate dkp to people who don't need it. I countered this by basically making their dkp worth 1/2 once 75% of the guild no longer needed their class items.

The calculation is based around the fact that the quality of an item will decide some of the price:
Epic = (itemLevel /10 - 1.3) / 1.3
Legendary = itemLevel /10

ilvl 100 gives:
Blue = 61
Epic = 75
Legendary = 100

This is the factor which you base your cost on. Secondly you have a slot mod which is a factor that deal with items getting less item budget based on slot.
head = 1
neck = 0.54
shoulder = 0.74
chest = 1
waist = 0.74
legs = 1
feet = 0.74
wrist = 0.54
hand = 0.74
finger = 0.54
trinket = 0.68
cloak = 0.54
weapon = 1
shield = 0.65
2h weapon = 1.5
MH weapon = 1
OH weapon = 1
off hand = 0.52
bow/xbow/gun = 1.5
wand = 0.50
relic = 0.30

Class Specific will be 50% of the original dkp value

This is multiplied with the base cost from item level and quality. A epic, ilvl 100 2h sword will be:
DKP = (itemLevel /10 - 1.3) / 1.3 * 1.5
DKP = 10

I didn't create this formula I found it some time ago when doing research on 0 sum dkp systems and I liked it. You can of course tweak the numbers some as you see fit.
For some reason even though I had flagged all posts as read this showed new and didn't see the date. Will still leave it up just in case others have the same question. Sorry for bumping an old thread.

[Back to Index]