Forgot your password?
GRSS DKP Downloader not downloading.

GRSS DKP Downloader not downloading.
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

1 2 >>>
Alright, so I'm trying to use the DKP downloader, however it doesn't work. Any URL I put in, it says the luadkp.php is not found and tells me to check the URL and the URL is infact correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Interesting. To be certain, are you entering it as legacyofscryers.dkpsystem.com as opposed to the common mistake of entering legacyofscryers.dkpsystems.com?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
This may be off-track, but when was the last time you downloaded the GRSS mod? I had to redownload it to get the entries to show on mine after 2.2, so I assume something changed.
Its not working for me as well. Ive checked to see if the firewall was blocking it and it wasnt. Very frustrated as I have tried everything.
I also received a similar error message a few times (I believe the one I got said that the URL I entered did not work). I'm not sure why, because my guild site was up and I was able to access the file through my browser. GRSS remembers the name of my guild site, so it hasn't been changed since I first started using it.

After about 4 or 5 tries, it just started working again.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
Quote by Voo
Its not working for me as well. Ive checked to see if the firewall was blocking it and it wasnt. Very frustrated as I have tried everything.
Try entering the URL in all lowercase. This makes a difference in some situations (in the GRSS, but not in the HTTP spec)

--
Chops, there has got to be something wrong with the code. Its just dosent work for me.
Are there any sugestions? Ive tried lowercase and reinstalling. what could possibly be stopping this thing from working?

Is it a security setting? Ive opened up the firewall for the app and Im still getting the message that I am putting in a bad URL.

Could I score a screenshot of the program open, and also of the error?

Also, what version of Windows are you running?

--
Quote by Chops
Could I score a screenshot of the program open, and also of the error?

Also, what version of Windows are you running?

Soon as I get home I will ss it.
Im running Windows xp pro
Thanks for posting that. I'm still unsure what's going on, but I have one or two other suggestions.

Try entering www.voodoo.dkpsystem.com for the address.

If that doesn't work, try entering another guild's address (like pias.dkpsystem.com), just to see if another guild site works.

--
I had the same problem Last night with My GRSS uploader.

The only thing I did was close out the folders and go for it again. Finally after about 8 times it finally went through.

Still my thoughts are its bugged somewhere.

--
Alicatt ~
Just got this again today and decided to screenshot it, for whatever that's worth to you Chops.

I just clicked OK to the error, then tried again and it worked.

--
Looks like I'm going to have to add a logging mechanism to it, so I can do some troubleshooting. No idea what could be causing that problem, admittedly, but, the GRSS is getting revised this week (for the new patch) and I'll try to get a revision to the downloader as well in it.

--
I've been having some issues downloading as well.

Some times it works, others not. Not sure if that's just a site issue.
Yea it has been some what irratic. One day it will download the next it won't.

I have just entered the url to the file in my web browser and then copied the contents into the file in the mod (over writing the old contents obviously). But that is more than an advanced technique you better really know what your doing or you may cause some headachs for yourself.
Thanks for all the notices. I had no idea it was this erratic. Has it always been like this, or is this a recent development for you guys?

--
Quote by Chops
Thanks for all the notices. I had no idea it was this erratic. Has it always been like this, or is this a recent development for you guys?

This is a very recent development for me. The first case was 2 nights before I posted originally, before our raid started. That would make it 10/25/07 around 6:30pm

That time and the second instance I screenshotted are the only times it has happened.

--
When you guys get this error, is it immediately? Or does it happen after about 5 seconds?

I'm looking over the code, and I see that it has a 5 second timeout, which could be causing it.

--

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]