Password:

Forgot your password?
snapshots and events

snapshots and events
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I've been using the GRSS mod now for a couple raids and I am impressed with what it can do and that it ties in with the website.

I have a couple questions that I would like answered. I have tried searching these forums and while I have found some answers it's not clear to me how to achieve what I am trying to do.

Our concept of a raid is what the website considers an event and we award DKP per event in a flat rate. We also maintain a standby list, where people earn half the DKP of a raiding member and the other half if they farm up some mats. Thus, the following requirements:

* Ability to assign DKP differently whether a person is in the instance or on standby. It is acceptable to do this by hand, but it would be nice to do this via the GRSS mod.
* To this day it seems impossible to get people to sign up for events, so I can't rely on the calendar.
* Raids must be tracked as events.
* As little administrative work as possible, e.g. a lua file upload and a few administrative steps are acceptable.
* Ability to assign DKP in a static fashion, e.g. per event. For instance, if we down Tidewalker and a few members switch out for Fathomlord, I want to count all those participants as members of the raid. Our guild policy is that they get full DKP awards.
* DKP is always accrued and accounted for after each event.

Most importantly is that I can use all raid snapshots (per boss) and record those members as part of the event. I would like to not have to go to the raid->event utility on the website each time we raid. This is cumbersome, I would like to automate this.

For each raid, I download the current standings and at the end of the raid I upload the adjustments. I want to keep things as simple as that if possible. Please let me know how I can do this with GRSS or some other mod.

Thanks in advance!
Quote by perunio
I have a couple questions that I would like answered. I have tried searching these forums and while I have found some answers it's not clear to me how to achieve what I am trying to do.

If you haven't yet, don't forget to read In-Game DKP Mod, which is the official documentation on the GRSS.

* Ability to assign DKP differently whether a person is in the instance or on standby. It is acceptable to do this by hand, but it would be nice to do this via the GRSS mod.

This can definitely be done, though, as you said, it needs to be done manually during the upload. You'll notice that the location of the player is listen when uploading. You can use this to determine the location, and whether or not they were in the instance or on their way. Additionally, the "Guild List" also lists members who were online but not in the raid (a Waiting list section is in development). Next to each character name is a text box. In that box, you can enter an overwrite amount. That is, whatever you enter in the box will be given to the member.

* To this day it seems impossible to get people to sign up for events, so I can't rely on the calendar.

Are you asking for something here, or just stating that as one of the things about your guild? If you're just stating it, no need to respond to this section, I'm just trying to determine what, if anything, you're asking.

I'm afraid that's just the terminology of the site. I agree it's a little backwards right now, any maybe eventually that'll get changed. But right now, it's a "Calendar Event" contains "Raids" where a "Raid" can be considered a boss attempt or kill.

* As little administrative work as possible, e.g. a lua file upload and a few administrative steps are acceptable.

That's certainly the goal of the GRSS upload. To compare, before the GRSS was built, entering a Molten Core Raid for my guild took something like 45 minutes. After the GRSS was implemented, uploading a raid took around 5 minutes.

* Ability to assign DKP in a static fashion, e.g. per event. For instance, if we down Tidewalker and a few members switch out for Fathomlord, I want to count all those participants as members of the raid. Our guild policy is that they get full DKP awards.

That's not the easiest to do with the current system, admittedly. A Not-bad idea to answer this would be a "Raid Merger" where all members of the selected raids can be merged into a single one.

* DKP is always accrued and accounted for after each event.

Most importantly is that I can use all raid snapshots (per boss) and record those members as part of the event. I would like to not have to go to the raid->event utility on the website each time we raid. This is cumbersome, I would like to automate this.

What you can do, after uploading the file, the next page has a drop down for "Associated Event". Select the event, then when uploading, simply give 0 points for each snapshot. (This will at least give you a breakdown of who's present for what parts of the raid)

Then, on the calendar, click the Event, then from the drop down box, choose "full attendee List". This will list anyone who was present for any of the raids. And from there, you'll need to manually record that list in a new DKP Raid. On THAT raid, award points.

One thing to keep in mind, the "Raid-Event associator" does not merge the raids into a single one, it only associates the raids with an event.

Am I making any sense at all?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
If you haven't yet, don't forget to read In-Game DKP Mod, which is the official documentation on the GRSS.

I made sure I did before I asked any questions.

Are you asking for something here, or just stating that as one of the things about your guild? If you're just stating it, no need to respond to this section, I'm just trying to determine what, if anything, you're asking.

I was just listing a requirement -- I can't rely on the calendar being filled out. Rather have that out in the open before the suggestion is made that I manage my raids in the calendar. It would be very nice to be able to do this, but it is not yet realistic.

I'm afraid that's just the terminology of the site. I agree it's a little backwards right now, any maybe eventually that'll get changed. But right now, it's a "Calendar Event" contains "Raids" where a "Raid" can be considered a boss attempt or kill.

Yes I believe I understand the terminology. I'm fine with it. So what I call a "raid" is a group of players that negotiate a dungeon of some sort, regardless how long they stay there or how many bosses they kill. GRSS seems to consider the boss attempt a "raid". Ergo, I wish to track the event, not the raid. Confused yet?

That's certainly the goal of the GRSS upload. To compare, before the GRSS was built, entering a Molten Core Raid for my guild took something like 45 minutes. After the GRSS was implemented, uploading a raid took around 5 minutes.

That's not the easiest to do with the current system, admittedly. A Not-bad idea to answer this would be a "Raid Merger" where all members of the selected raids can be merged into a single one.

Where is this "Raid Merger" of which you speak?

What you can do, after uploading the file, the next page has a drop down for "Associated Event". Select the event, then when uploading, simply give 0 points for each snapshot. (This will at least give you a breakdown of who's present for what parts of the raid)

Then, on the calendar, click the Event, then from the drop down box, choose "full attendee List". This will list anyone who was present for any of the raids. And from there, you'll need to manually record that list in a new DKP Raid. On THAT raid, award points.

One thing to keep in mind, the "Raid-Event associator" does not merge the raids into a single one, it only associates the raids with an event.

Am I making any sense at all?

That's fantastic and sounds like exactly what I want, except the manual step. How big a pain would it be to implement a feature whereby I am able to have a DKP dashboard similar to each "Raid" after a GRSS upload but presented as the "Event"? Or could the feature be bundled with the screen that shows me each "Raid" and how much DKP to assign? Such a feature could logically consist of a superset dialog which assigns a non-cumulative (per "Raid) DKP per unique guild member.

In fact, if you require special incentive to look into something like this, please let me know what your rates are and I'll decide how badly I want this feature.
Where is this "Raid Merger" of which you speak?

I'm sorry, I retarded that response up. What I meant was that it's a good idea for a feature to get built. It's not available yet, I'm afraid, hence my long-winded response for doing it manually.

ow big a pain would it be to implement a feature whereby I am able to have a DKP dashboard similar to each "Raid" after a GRSS upload but presented as the "Event"?

So that each raid uploaded goes into it's own event? Is that what you're asking?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
So that each raid uploaded goes into it's own event? Is that what you're asking?

This is just a suggestion, but...

1. I click Upload GRSS Snapshots and submit the lua file.
2. I select a scheduled event, select all the loot and raid snapshots, go go.
3. I verify that the prices seem correct and move on.
4. The attendance snapshot. We've killed Hydross, Lurker, Tidewalker and Fathomlord. Suppose there is a "Points" entry box under a title called "All Raids" or something like that... I would input the DKP that all participants would have been awarded, less those on waiting lists and online in guild. Heck there could be a "Points" box for "Online Members" and one for "Waiting Members" too, but I would be happy to adjust for them manually.

It's just a royal pain to adjust for 32 people for the entire evening with our flat-rate system. We don't want to transition away from that system at this time, so a feature like this would be tramendously helpful. Again, if you require monetary incentive for developing this, please let me know what your rates are.

My understanding of what they want is the ability to load all the raids associated to an event but award DKP to every member that attended the EVENT as a whole not each individual raid.

You would need to make an option during the Event Association process that is a check box that says "Award DKP by Raid" and one that says "Award DKP by Event".
If you award by raid then the system stays as is.
If you award by even then when you select all the raids and loot for upload some changes have to occur. Loot would likely stay the same but when the raids were uploaded it would need to make 1 master list like of all the attendees for the raids whether appear in every raid or not. If they appear in at least 1 then they would appear in the Event List. Then you could have a box at the top of the list like you do on the raid screens to award points for everyone equally or over ride that by putting points on each character.

This probably would also require a change in the Event Definition area where you make a predefined event. Having a check box option there to say if you award DKP by Events versus raids. If that box is checked then you can assign a global value there for how much dkp is awarded.

In all I think if I understood correctly what I outlined above is major rework of the system but might give Chops a better idea of what you are doing and changes that would help.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun

My understanding of what they want is the ability to load all the raids associated to an event but award DKP to every member that attended the EVENT as a whole not each individual raid.

You would need to make an option during the Event Association process that is a check box that says "Award DKP by Raid" and one that says "Award DKP by Event".
If you award by raid then the system stays as is.
If you award by even then when you select all the raids and loot for upload some changes have to occur. Loot would likely stay the same but when the raids were uploaded it would need to make 1 master list like of all the attendees for the raids whether appear in every raid or not. If they appear in at least 1 then they would appear in the Event List. Then you could have a box at the top of the list like you do on the raid screens to award points for everyone equally or over ride that by putting points on each character.

This probably would also require a change in the Event Definition area where you make a predefined event. Having a check box option there to say if you award DKP by Events versus raids. If that box is checked then you can assign a global value there for how much dkp is awarded.

In all I think if I understood correctly what I outlined above is major rework of the system but might give Chops a better idea of what you are doing and changes that would help.

Yup, that about sums it up. To me it seems like the web site is already doing this by allowing me to associate raids with events, so simply arranging a non-cumulative sort() of all attending members and award a flat rate on that seems trivial?

Thanks!

[Back to Index]