Forgot your password?
Advanced Layout Wiki-Guide Thinger

Advanced Layout Wiki-Guide Thinger
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

1 2 >>>
I'll be adding an Advanced Layout Wiki-Guide Dealy. If you want to contribute to it, let me know by posting in here, and when I launch it, I'll promote your account accordingly.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Tell us more Chops! Sounds cool

--
Solak 70 Warrior
Regularly, people ask questions such as "how do I do blah blah with th eAdvanced Layout Options, but I'm not familiar with HTML."

So this will be something to help everyone. Examples, code snippets, and any sort of potentially relevant advanced coding techniques to help those working on advanced layouts.

It won't be a full-on wiki like wikipedia, but it'll be a "if you have demonstrated ability in writing and helping with code, then hey, you can help." In return for the help, naturally, you'll get credit on a "credits" type page which we can set up that will link a homepage of your choosing and stuff like that.

Hopefully that kinda makes sense. Naturally, I'd assume at the very least that Saud, Noblekain, and carlpalmer would all like to contribute, as they've helped people with their code on the forums in the past. But I'm willing to accept help from pretty much anyone that wants to.

--
Can't wait to get my hands on something like this!

-Nik
Count me in
Yup.... me too
Sounds like a great idea. I'm in! Though I'm not sure how possible it is to teach the fine art of code-hounding via a forum to someone who's never done it. :-)

--
http://incite.dkpsystem.com
There are very few personal problems that can't be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.
Admittedly, it will be a little complex. The idea here is to ASSUME that the other person is capable of figuring out stuff from the context. For those who have no idea what's going on, they might just avoid it anyway, but for those who are serious about taking on something like this, providing snippets like: "You can use this code to make a drop down menu" and then providing the code with some hard coded examples, they'll probably be able to figure it out.

I'll try my best to make any examples that are presented "noob friendly," but most importantly is the sharing of knowledge, particularly so the coders out there can say "whoa...I didn't think about that."

--
This will be AWSOME chops!

--
I'd love to help with whatever I can.

--
Quote by sachmo
I'd love to help with whatever I can.

I'm new here, but i'll help. I got a few tricks up my seleve. Really unoriginal tricks, but they are tricks none the less.

--
Because of the latest changes to the Advanced Layout Options, this MUST be finished now.

I'll be deploying an early version and then allowing all you to participate in improving it.

--
Quote by Chops
Because of the latest changes to the Advanced Layout Options, this MUST be finished now.

I'll be deploying an early version and then allowing all you to participate in improving it.

Did I miss the link somewhere?

--

No. I've got one last change before I can deploy this, but this is a very high priority now.

--
Quote by Chops

No. I've got one last change before I can deploy this, but this is a very high priority now.

Ya, after all the questions I have been shotgunning you with! I can't blame ya

--
Sreh
With the new guide changes deployed this morning, the Advanced Layout Wiki is getting some lovin'!

--
can someone please post link to this, I just can not seem to find it. Thanks in advance

--
~Itzshadow
Quote by Itzshadow
can someone please post link to this, I just can not seem to find it. Thanks in advance

I'm embarrassed to say it's not ready yet

--
Is there an ET on when it possibly may be completed?

--
Yarrr!
It's about half-way done. My goal for release is before April.

--

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]