Password:

Forgot your password?
Layout Help!?

Layout Help!?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

I seem to be having difficulty eliminating a line that extends vertically on the site between the menu's and the mainbody content. Racked my brain try to find the problem, but can't seem to locate it. Any ideas?

Thanks.

P.S.
I am not the origional designer on the layout, but I am having to repair alot of short comings inorder to add somethings. Brief history... I eliminated half the tables that were used to lay everything out. The top half of the site, everything above the menu and the body content were using tables and about 6 images... I merged the images into one set as a background, labeled logoBG.jpg. The origional images and the new one are roughly the same size. I have looked through to see if there were any tags left open and didn't find any. Though I am so tired I may not beable to see it at this time. Any idea's would be much appreciated. At least I want to get rid of the line long enough till I can redo the site myself.

--
Sreh
It might be helpful if you attach your layout.html file here. I've looked at your site and see what you are talking about.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Here is the Layout file I am currently have live on the site.

I also am having trouble with resizing the calendar, though I just started working on that. But ya, the main problem is that vertical line.

Thanks for taking a look at it for me

--
Sreh
btw the lines

<!--system:sitename--> and <!--system:title--> don't go where u put them but in the content of the site.

--
designer of http://aszune.dkpsystem.com
Quote by borkjev
btw the lines

<!--system:sitename--> and <!--system:title--> don't go where u put them but in the content of the site.

Actually they do, but Thank you for pointing my attention to them. I did see a mistake in the coding that wasn't allowing them to display correctly.

Still can't seem to get rid of that vertical line though

--
Sreh
Quote by Sreh
Quote by borkjev
btw the lines

Actually they do, but Thank you for pointing my attention to them. I did see a mistake in the coding that wasn't allowing them to display correctly.

Still can't seem to get rid of that vertical line though

Yeah it isn't from the layout file. Attach your menu.html and css file please.

--
This is my Menupage I believe... been awhile since I worked with it. Still very new to the system commands with the advanced layout.

Thanks again for your help Saudorun... Eventually I will begin to understand the advanced layout system

P.S. Sorry about the delay... haven't been at the comp in couple days.

--
Sreh
Quote by Sreh
This is my Menupage I believe... been awhile since I worked with it. Still very new to the system commands with the advanced layout.

Thanks again for your help Saudorun... Eventually I will begin to understand the advanced layout system

P.S. Sorry about the delay... haven't been at the comp in couple days.

I'm stumped. I was able to get to you CSS file and look at it too. It looks like it would be a repeating image but I don't find anything that looks like a black line. Also I in the file naming used I don't see anything that resembles this. When I render it in a wysiwyg editor that black line is not there.

Chops or Noble might have better luck than I at deciphering where that is coming from.

--
Thanks for taking a look. Kind of wierd how it is displaying. Thanks again

--
Sreh
Here is something I found interesting... The black line is now gone. I didn't do anything to the code. Don't know why it happened, but I decided to upload the menupage.html just for kicks and the line vanished.

What I have been doing was making changes to the layout.htm several times. Removed over half the tables that were in it, changed how some of the images were being handled amoung a few other things. After finishing the tables is when the Line appeared. So I thought it was something in my coding. Went through I don't know how many times for about 3 days. Was totally stumped and decided to bring it here for a little help. What I haven't been doing was uploading the menupage.html along with the Layout.html. I will start uploading them both when ever I make a change to one.

--
Sreh

[Back to Index]