Password:

Forgot your password?
please help me out chops

please help me out chops
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

So here is a little background. I am the GM of a late night casual raiding guild that raids three nights a week for 4 hours. thats progression raids, some of us raid more often to clear farmed content to fully gear out alts and stuff
Anyways, were fairly succesfull 5/6 SSC 1/4 TK (lack of effort on TK), but i am finding that were running into a wall called research. No matter how much training material i put on the site and diagrams i draw and resources i link, people dont look it up. Which is causing us to spend precious time learning the basics of the encounter during raid time instead of on our own time.
I could really use a suggestion or added ability in the website to help me get people to not only claim that they studied but also to verify. Seeing how were "casual" we dont react harshly and Gkick people but if i had some more data i would gladly replace people from raids. Please help me out :*(
hehe...what are you asking for here?

Are you asking for a test mechanism or something like that?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
hehe...what are you asking for here?

Are you asking for a test mechanism or something like that?

I think it could be as simple as making some guides required reading and have the system report on it. Like I add a guide and mark it as required. The next time a user logs in or refreshes they get an alert that there is a new required guide. In order to make the alert go away they have to go to the guide and read it. At the bottom of the guide you have a little EULA type thing that says I accept or I do not accept button. Clicking I accept means that they affirm that they read the guide. Now anyone that really doesn't care can still go all the way down without reading squat and click I accept but hopefully if you setup guide right they are short and concise and not all jibberish like a EULA.

Just a thought...but if you had an option simple like that and it tracked like Keys where it showed what guides were required and who has accepted them somewhere in an admin reporting tool would help GM's know who states that they read them at least.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Saud.

Does this mean that you use the guide as a kind of forum where you post raid tactics and then require members to read it here ?

I haven't really worked with the guide part of the website yet - but the problem described here is what I also see in our guild. So if your system can make up for making sure that members read the tactics I would be greatfull.

Since we haven't really worked with the guide yet - can you fast give me info about how you actually do this

Again thank you for all your help.

Thank you

/Misen
Quote by Misen
Saud.

Does this mean that you use the guide as a kind of forum where you post raid tactics and then require members to read it here ?

I haven't really worked with the guide part of the website yet - but the problem described here is what I also see in our guild. So if your system can make up for making sure that members read the tactics I would be greatfull.

Since we haven't really worked with the guide yet - can you fast give me info about how you actually do this

Again thank you for all your help.

Thank you

/Misen

Not currently but that would be the idea.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Not currently but that would be the idea.

Ahh ok - then I didn't do anything wrong

However that would be a really good way to solve it - as getting members to read required posts can be a pain.....

Well thats a suggestion for you Chops

/Misen
what was described would be AWESOME! We use the guides section and take a bit of time to develop guides that will fit our style by stealing from the varius strat sites. The thing that drives me nuts though is getting to a boss and having people look totally lost.
Great example of this is the leo fight were we get to it and we lose a ton of people to their inner demons and i hear two people make the comment that they were looking for something that looked like them. Basically they wasted my time and i should have gone to bed rather then help him learn during raid what i learned out of it (were a late night guild).
If you could hook us up with some sort of tag like that chops i would be very gratefull.

[Back to Index]