Forgot your password?
Teams or Notification Groups

Teams or Notification Groups
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Chops,

Since we are now using teams in our Kara attempts, I was wondering if you though about adding an option for creating custom groups or teams for notifications. It might be hard to extend this function to the forums. But their are times I just want to communicate with my team mates, and it is a bear to go through and select each person individually.

Thanks,

Toddler

--
For the forums you can make your own Private Thread Tag. Select everyone you want to be a member. Once they receive a message using it the tag will become something they are member of and can continue using to initiate message of their own. You ultimately become the owner of the Tag if I recall the process correctly so I believe you can add and remove individuals but other members of the Tag can not. In this sense each Officer that Leads a Kara Group should probably be the one to setup the tag.

Edit:
On your filter list should be a link that say "My Private Tags"
Click it and you get a dialog that walks you through creating the Private Tag including selecting the members for the tag and a color for it to show up with in the forums.

Edit again:
Also because these are Private Thread Tags I believe they are treated the same way as a private thread. So if you have email notifications turned on you should get an email when someone posts or replies to a thread in this tag. Chops can correct me if I am wrong.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
From a system administration perspective I think this might solve some peoples problems with having multiple groups that run Kara and how or where they sign up. Looking at what Toddler has asked for leads me to an idea for a solution.

Allow each site admin to create Raid Groups in the site. In the group they can define as many or as few people as they want. The account page should have a drop down that allows the admin (or officer) to select the group/s (or none) that a persons account should belong to. On the Character Roster this should open up a group selection box for the character based on the groups that the account belongs to.

The creation of a group should create 2 other features/options for the site.

It should automatically create a thread tag for that group with the associated accounts as members of the tag and allow the admin to designate who can moderate the tag.

It should also create the group within the scheduling system. This would allow the schedulers in a guild with the ability to schedule events for their raid group. A new selection would appear on the event that would allow them to select the group the event was for. Based on permissions or options the event may or not be visible to others. Independent of visibility the event would only allow members of that group to sign up. Some guilds may want all events visible so that they can see every raid for every group. Others might only want the group members to be able to see the events.

Anyway my 2 cents regarding Toddlers requests and others I have seen regarding groups and raids with how BC has structured things.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
From a system administration perspective I think this might solve some peoples problems with having multiple groups that run Kara and how or where they sign up. Looking at what Toddler has asked for leads me to an idea for a solution.

Allow each site admin to create Raid Groups in the site. In the group they can define as many or as few people as they want. The account page should have a drop down that allows the admin (or officer) to select the group/s (or none) that a persons account should belong to. On the Character Roster this should open up a group selection box for the character based on the groups that the account belongs to.

It should automatically create a thread tag for that group with the associated accounts as members of the tag and allow the admin to designate who can moderate the tag.

It should also create the group within the scheduling system. This would allow the schedulers in a guild with the ability to schedule events for their raid group. A new selection would appear on the event that would allow them to select the group the event was for. Based on permissions or options the event may or not be visible to others. Independent of visibility the event would only allow members of that group to sign up. Some guilds may want all events visible so that they can see every raid for every group. Others might only want the group members to be able to see the events.

Anyway my 2 cents regarding Toddlers requests and others I have seen regarding groups and raids with how BC has structured things.

I was just looking for this exact feature for the same reasons as Toddler, but Saudorun's ideas are great expansions on the concept.
Quote by HotFix
Quote by Saudorun

I was just looking for this exact feature for the same reasons as Toddler, but Saudorun's ideas are great expansions on the concept.

Oh oh, my fan base is growing

-Toddler

--
Any chance of this happening? Groups on the website would be awesome both for coordination and organizational purposes.
Interesting ideas. Something for a major update in the future.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]