Password:

Forgot your password?
Forum Question

Forum Question
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

I am sorry if this information is easily available somewhere but I can't seem to find it right now. I need to know is it possible to set the forums so that editing and deleting can only be done by designated ranks?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Quote by Sylkn
I am sorry if this information is easily available somewhere but I can't seem to find it right now. I need to know is it possible to set the forums so that editing and deleting can only be done by designated ranks?

Thanks in advance for the help.

You'll want to look in 2 places
Admin > Feature Access and look at the setting for Forum Administration

Then head to Admin > Thread Tags under the Forums section. Each tag will have 3 settings. View, Post, and Moderate. The Moderation rank will have edit and delete permissions. Remember everything works on a minimum rank and up.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
I did have the setting in the two places you mentioned set to "officer" only for moderation. However we had an incident last night where a "member" made some posts and then was able to edit and delete those posts and I verified that he does not have "officer" rank and that "member" is below the rank of "officer"

So I am guessing that even with the ranks set, you can edit and delete your own posts? If that is the case is there a way to change it so that the only person that can edit and delete stuff is the admin. If there is not presently a way could this be implemented as a feature, option or something?
Regardless of rank, an individual can edit and delete their own posts. There is currently no setting to change this, except for locking the thread.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Regardless of rank, an individual can edit and delete their own posts. There is currently no setting to change this, except for locking the thread.

Thanks for the reply! Is this something that you would consider adding?
Quote by Sylkn
Quote by Chops

Thanks for the reply! Is this something that you would consider adding?

It is indeed something I will look into adding. It would be a feature that would be a checkbox to the effect of "Allow Users to Delete or Edit Their own Posts"

--
Feature Added. Head to Admin > Misc Forum Settings.

--
nice although we keep it at yes it is a nice feature

--
designer of http://aszune.dkpsystem.com
Thank you so much for doing this so quickly! It is a huge help when you have someone who likes to create "drama" threads and then edit and/or delete them!

[Back to Index]