Password:

Forgot your password?
GuildBank not uploading correctly

GuildBank not uploading correctly
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I'm having problems getting the guild bank to upload correctly. I deleted my old guildbank mod (cursegaming) and installed the dkpsystem guildbank mod (First time I used the installer, second time I just grabbed the files and dropped them in my addons folder)

Anyhow, I start the auto-uploader, load WoW, open my bank/bags, log out, and wait 10 minutes or so. No info made it to prophecyswc.dkpsystem.com however (Yes, the character in question is set as a guild bank already). So, I try uploading the data manually (lua file is attached, and seems at a glance to have the data in it). . . another 10 minute wait, and still no data.

Any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong?
What folder are you getting your file from

--
Quote by Shams
What folder are you getting your file from

...\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\Server\Charactername\SavedVariables

I would assume that the Profile Uploader is also looking at the same spot.
Ensure that you are typing your Guild website in all lower case... i had the same problem... type it in lower case and BAM it worked... try that

--
Quote by Shams
Ensure that you are typing your Guild website in all lower case... i had the same problem... type it in lower case and BAM it worked... try that

All lowercase. And since I tried manually uploading as well, I dont think that would be it anyhow.
would you be by any chance using windows Vista would you

--
What are the name of the files that you dropped in your <Addon> folder.

There should only be 3

GuildBank.Lua -- LUA File
GuildBank.Toc -- TOC File
GuildBank -- XML Document

--
Quote by Shams
What are the name of the files that you dropped in your <Addon> folder

No on Vista (Computer came with a free "Upgrade" to Vista, but after hearing the horror stories, I opted not to install it)

Contents of Interface/AddOns/GuildBank:
GuildBank.lua
GuildBank.xml
GuildBank.toc
GuildBankUploader.exe
noupload.txt
settings.txt
Your file loks a little odd i am not a developer but this is what mine looks like...

--
Let me try deleting the file and running it again, since I dont remember if I ever deleted it when I first uninstalled the cursegaming mod (hence, perhaps this is a remnant of that mod) . . .
GuildBankUploader.exe
noupload.txt
settings.txt

You can delete these files as well they are just installed on you desktop, they are basically copies of the install files

--
Hey, there we go! I guess dkpsystem's guildbank just didnt know to overwrite curse's guildbank lua file with its own. Uploaded and is displaying properly now.

Thanks for the assist.
Quote by Lorezon
Let me try deleting the file and running it again, since I dont remember if I ever deleted it when I first uninstalled the cursegaming mod (hence, perhaps this is a remnant of that mod) . . .

Let me know how it works out...

--
Quote by Lorezon
Hey, there we go! I guess dkpsystem's guildbank just didnt know to overwrite curse's guildbank lua file with its own. Uploaded and is displaying properly now.

Thanks for the assist.

It's not so much a case of overwriting, but due to the nature of it, it merges itself with the other data. So it's actually a combination of both data files.

Unfortunately, having the curse data in there causes the import process to crash.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]