Password:

Forgot your password?
Changing "next event" font

Changing "next event" font
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

Alright, I can't seem for the life of me to be able to change the font at the top of my next events box. It's really small, and I'd like to be able to get it more prominent.

Here's the site if you want to check it out

www.thenightowls.net

and here's the lines in the css file I changed to try to make the fonts bigger.

/* in the default layout, this is the style associated with the Count Down: "x minutes until the next raid" */
.CountDown{ font-size: 24pt; when i changed this to 24, the Count Down changed accordingly
font-weight: bold;
color: #1f3f9f;}

/* In the default, is the style of the Next Event Name at the top */
.EventName{ font-size: 20pt; this did not change at all when I bumped it up to 20
font-weight: bold; }

/* same as above, only for the Date/Time */
.EventTime{ font-size: 18pt; neither did this
font-weight: normal; }

So what am I doing wrong? *scratches head*
Thanks for any and all help.

--
This thread delivers!
Your editing the wrong class in the css file.

These are lines 74 through 78 (from the view source of you home page):

<td class=Event align="center" valign="center" colspan=2>
<div style='font-size:14pt'><table cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1><tr style='font-size:9pt' valign=bottom><td style='font-size:7.5pt'>Wed, Jul 4th, 1:00am:</td><td><a href='javascript:eventdetails(7,4,07)' onMouseover="tt('<table class=ttb><tr><td><b>Fourth of July</b><br>1:00am<br><span style=\'color:lightgreen\'>0 approved signups</span> <br>You are not signed up for this event<br><i>It\'s the fourth of July!! Duh!!</i><br><br><br><i><span style=\'color:#777777\'>Click for details and to sign up</font></i></td></tr></table>')" OnMouseout='ctt()'>Fourth of July</a></td></tr></table></div>
<br>
<a href="forum.php">[Go To Forum]</a>
</td>

The only class or id is the "Event" class (line 74) so you need to assign your styles to that and hope it works. If it doesn't it will rquire a little bit of javascript to break everything down and reasemble it with the styles you want.

The EventName and EventTime classes don't even exist on the home page.

Just to clarify, the code snippet you pasted was from the "Next 5 Events" chunk. (ie <!--System:Next5Events-->).

But Krik is correct. The NextEvent class is used when <!--System:NextEventName--> is used, rather than the <!--System:Next5Events--> is used.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops

Just to clarify, the code snippet you pasted was from the "Next 5 Events" chunk. (ie <!--System:Next5Events-- .

But Krik is correct. The NextEvent class is used when <!--System:NextEventName--> is used, rather than the <!--System:Next5Events--> is used.

Ahhhh, I see now. Yeah, I'm just a lowly English major who never took a computer class in college trying to muddle my way through this stuff. Thanks for the help! I'll let you know if it works.

--
This thread delivers!

[Back to Index]