Password:

Forgot your password?
Time Zone Issues and Sign Ups

Time Zone Issues and Sign Ups
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I'm having problems with the Time Zone option and getting sign ups set up. Don't know if anyone can explain to me how excactly to get it set up, but I put the site's timezone at the server time that we play on, and when you try to put sign ups up it has already passed. I've looked at the FAQ's and guides and couldn't find anything on how to make it so that it would just set to server time zone or work with everyone's time zone, if that makes sense. Appreciate any help =)

--
Woof!
Quote by Crzychkn
I'm having problems with the Time Zone option and getting sign ups set up. Don't know if anyone can explain to me how excactly to get it set up, but I put the site's timezone at the server time that we play on, and when you try to put sign ups up it has already passed. I've looked at the FAQ's and guides and couldn't find anything on how to make it so that it would just set to server time zone or work with everyone's time zone, if that makes sense. Appreciate any help =)

You need to have your site set to whatever your guild has set for their time zone. Then, you need to personally set your time zone in edit your account info. Then, you need to make sure you post events for what time they are for "you". The website adjusts them to meet the timezone of your members, and to people not signed up, the raids show at the assigned guild time you set.

Anthrax
Thanks =)

--
Woof!
There is also still currently a problem with the timezones. If I set my timezone to my actual timezone, the calendar thinks that it is tomorrow already and that tonights event has already been on and won't let me sign up.

I get around this by setting my personal timezone to the guild & websites timezone and it all works.
Quote by RareBeast
There is also still currently a problem with the timezones. If I set my timezone to my actual timezone, the calendar thinks that it is tomorrow already and that tonights event has already been on and won't let me sign up.

I get around this by setting my personal timezone to the guild & websites timezone and it all works.

Yeah my folks are having the dame issues. Raid times are all screwy unless they're all set to the guild's site timezone.
How do you set the guilds timezone and the website time zone

--
Quote by Shams
How do you set the guilds timezone and the website time zone

The guild/website timezone is setup by the admin under Admin > Time Zones

Each individual user can then set his/her own timezone under Edit Your Account Info when they are logged in.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
So if i change it to reflect servertime will this change everyones time to be servertime, or does each individual have to change thier own

--
Quote by Shams
So if i change it to reflect servertime will this change everyones time to be servertime, or does each individual have to change thier own

Everyone else will need to change their times as listed in the second statement I made above.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

[Back to Index]