Decay not working?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

okay I have my decays set for
4 days for it to stay full
0 for the amount it can go down to
41 for the days it should take to get to 0.

Yet, over the last 7 days the points have changed not in the slightest. Am I lost? or is it not working? Any info will help. If I have to start doing manual decays for every person that's really going to be a pain over our last system.
Looking at your site, decay is working correctly.

Look, for example, at Tehcheat on your site:

http://rfte.dkpsystem.com/memberprofile.php?memberid=5#dkp

You'll see, if you scroll down his attendance list that the "Worth" and "Earned" columns for older events are not the same for him. The "Worth" column represents how much it was originally worth, and "Earned" represents it's current value.

So, as an example from his page, Look at the "On Time Bonuses" for 7/27 and 7/28.

You'll see both were originally worth 25 points, while the 28th is currently worth 23.5 points, and the 27th (being older than the other) is currently worth 23 points.

This discrepancy is decay working.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Looking at your site, decay is working correctly.

Look, for example, at Tehcheat on your site:

http://rfte.dkpsystem.com/memberprofile.php?memberid=5#dkp

You'll see, if you scroll down his attendance list that the "Worth" and "Earned" columns for older events are not the same for him. The "Worth" column represents how much it was originally worth, and "Earned" represents it's current value.

So, as an example from his page, Look at the "On Time Bonuses" for 7/27 and 7/28.

You'll see both were originally worth 25 points, while the 28th is currently worth 23.5 points, and the 27th (being older than the other) is currently worth 23 points.

This discrepancy is decay working.

I see this now. I wonder if there is a clear(er) way to display decay. Maybe in the Raid Analysis or something. It just feels like you have to dig to see the decay. I'd love a way to see a large overview of the decay.

Thanks though for the clarification.
So I instituted a decay system a few weeks ago and for our KZ runs it seems to be working great. We did our first Gruul run last week and downed HKM & Gruul. I inputed the info using the GRSS addon (we use an EPGP system). Everything seemed to go in ok but I noticed yesterday that instead of getting the 1450 EP points people were only getting 14.5 and the gear point values were 19.9 instead of 199 (etc). When I looked at the numbers under their respective admin sections they were all correct so Im assuming the decay is acting wonky. Does decay mess up when excessive amount of DKP are entered at once?

I went in and just re-entered the same numbers for the EP and GP and now people are getting the correct values but the decay has not set in yet. Since its been a few days since the raid (I only changed the points early this morning) and we have a 0 day timer on waiting for decay I want to make sure I don't mess anything up. Im pretty sure I read somewhere that there is a nightly maintenance that occurs that I assume will recalculate the decay. Is there a way to make sure there isn't something else messed up behind the scenes.

Our Decay is setup to do 10% every 7 days (gradually) for 308 days until each point reaches about .01 in value (.0097). Since we use EPGP people can earn high amounts of DKP fairly quickly.

Full Period Length: 0
Fully Decayed Value: .0097
Decay Period: 308

ExquisitePain.DKPsystem.com
So I checked back and found that after maintenance it changed all the EP numbers back to 14.5 instead of 1450 and GP points are having the same problem:

Leggings of the Fallen DefenderRefresh This Item = 333 points normally, but people are only getting 3.23

Aldori Legacy DefenderRefresh This Item = 199 points normally but people are only getting 1.93
Intersting....Looking into it now. You've uncovered an interesting bug, but it's fixed. Thanks man. One of the things that threw it off was the fact that the recorded items were recorded as having been received on October 25th, but it's only the 23rd.

--
Ah-ha! That would probably do it. I went back and now realize I associated the event with this Friday's run instead of the correct one. If I change the association will nightly maintenance fix the decay?
Quote by Arymere
Ah-ha! That would probably do it. I went back and now realize I associated the event with this Friday's run instead of the correct one. If I change the association will nightly maintenance fix the decay?

I've already fixed the decay to be able to handle future dates. So it'll work either way.

--

[Back to Index]