Forgot your password?
Alliances

Alliances
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Chop,

I am exploring the possibility of managing DKP for an alliance between a couple of guilds and us. I know it is possible to Tag specific accounts that are not part of your guild, but I was wondering if you might be able to add a field or a way designate characters guild affiliation. One way I was thinking was with the security settings display.

The challenge is when I import snapshots, I would like a way to specify what security to assign the allied guild as a whole without micromanaging it, etc.

The other challenge would be compensating you, I think you make money by the number of guilds you setup... wouldn't be right to bypass that by having all the guilds on my server use our website

Let me know...

--
There actually IS the capability for members of your site to set their guild affiliation. Check out "Characters and Roster" and check the box next to "Players can specify which guild they are a member of"

And there you have it

--
It's all in the reflexes.
There actually IS the capability for members of your site to set their guild affiliation. Check out "Characters and Roster" and check the box next to "Players can specify which guild they are a member of"

And there you have it

Yes,

But how can I add that field as part of a snapshot / upload... maybe I am over thinking this.

Snapshots only upload characters, you still need to create an account and associate that account to characters. It is the account that you set the guild affiliation to, along with the security access. Hmmm

Okay.

--

And there you have it

Yes,

But how can I add that field as part of a snapshot / upload?

oooooh...

Hmm...I see. So you'd like the GRSS snapshots to track guild then, like they do Zone, and when a character is created on the site, they get initialized to that particular guild?

I'm not sure how feasable it is at this point, but given the WoW mod interface, I suspect it'd be a pretty painful process.

....Yeah, I just looked, and tracking the Guild of the members would be a fairly noticable chore, since the raid info doesn't retrieve the guild info, it would require performing a /who for each member of your raid, and because of the built-in /who delay, even with trying to optimize the process and reducing it to only like 15 queries instead of 40, it'd still take over a minute to take a snapshot. On a busy Raid night, where other guilds are raiding the zone you are in, it'd easily take more like 30 queries, so you're looking at 2.5 minutes for snapshots.

Your best bet is just to have the people on your website specify their current guild, as that only needs to be specified once.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
....Yeah, I just looked, and tracking the Guild of the members would be a fairly noticable chore, since the raid info doesn't retrieve the guild info, it would require performing a /who for each member of your raid, and because of the built-in /who delay, even with trying to optimize the process and reducing it to only like 15 queries instead of 40, it'd still take over a minute to take a snapshot. On a busy Raid night, where other guilds are raiding the zone you are in, it'd easily take more like 30 queries, so you're looking at 2.5 minutes for snapshots.

Your best bet is just to have the people on your website specify their current guild, as that only needs to be specified once.

Yeah but I think part of what he is asking is that once those things are updated in the roster information will they show in the DKP system? I agree with you since you already have the mechanism to tag a member to a guild in the roster. But make sure the system shows the guild by the person with DKP.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

Yeah but I think part of what he is asking is that once those things are updated in the roster information will they show in the DKP system? I agree with you since you already have the mechanism to tag a member to a guild in the roster. But make sure the system shows the guild by the person with DKP.

How about this...

Add an option to Specify Guild via drop down boxes. Think of the GRSS as a bulk import tool, so by adding the ability to specify data after the inital snapshot should give me what I want, even if you can't get the data for the inital scan of the guild. (Sort of like when you assign DKP point adjustments.)

--

[Back to Index]