Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Open
Type Bug
Section of the Site DKP
Urgency (1 votes)
Rating (1 votes)
Description:
Hi Chops,

I'm having a few problems with the DKP listing displaying properly. It's been going on for a while, but I thought maybe it'd go away with your updates. It hasn't, so here are the issues.

First off, we use 2 DKP systems. One is called War Bonds which are awarded for contributions to the guild outside of raiding (resources, etc). The other is normal raid DKP. What is happening is when the link is clicked the listing shows up blank until the "Full" tab is clicked followed by "Show All". Not to bad in and of itself, but the thing is that often rather than displaying member's numerical stats it will show a "-" instead. Sometimes it comes up properly, other times it doesn't. Not site breaking, but definitely an inconvenience and not "working as intended".

Also, the charts for DKP aren't updating properly. It's been several weeks since the main DKP System's chart has updated, and the chart for War Bonds (secondary system) doesn't show up at all and never has.

Your attention to these matters would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
Your War Bonds system is currently marked as "hidden". If you edit the system and uncheck the "Hide DKP System" box, that'll show the War Bonds system.

As for the other intermittent issue, I'm looking into it now, that's an odd one.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
The problem is that if I unmark "Hidden" for the War Bonds system it will show up on the side menu as well, and I don't want that.

--

Krawnik
Warlord of Ascendant
Dagoth

I'm sorry, I misread the problem. When you said "chart", I thought you meant just the standings page, when you actually meant the history graph. Yes, that calculation had actually been disabled for a bit, as we've got a new graph (flash graphs) getting rolled out fairly soon. So you don't need to worry about the graphs, they'll be showing properly soon.

As for the other problems, I'm not able to reproduce the issue yet. It sounds to me like, for whatever reason, it's occasionally not registering your raids. That one I'm not sure what's causing it yet, but I'm looking into it.

--
We have the same problem with ours, having to click the 'Full' link and then show all. Otherwise, it just randomly shows 3-4 people only.

--
Followers of Nobility
What's your address again, Jedis? Also, do you know what browsers are affected?

--
Quote by Chops
I'm sorry, I misread the problem. When you said "chart", I thought you meant just the standings page, when you actually meant the history graph. Yes, that calculation had actually been disabled for a bit, as we've got a new graph (flash graphs) getting rolled out fairly soon. So you don't need to worry about the graphs, they'll be showing properly soon.

As for the other problems, I'm not able to reproduce the issue yet. It sounds to me like, for whatever reason, it's occasionally not registering your raids. That one I'm not sure what's causing it yet, but I'm looking into it.

It actually seems to be recording the numbers properly. It's just that it takes all kinds of clicking and refreshing to get the numbers to show up (sometimes). Basically after initially clicking the menu selection the listing will show "-" instead of the appropriate number. At that point I've got to click "Full", "Show All", hit the page refresh icon in my browser, then click "Show All" again. It's weird. We can still get the numbers to show, it's just a whole lot of additional clicking that just doesn't make sense - it should just show up on the initial selection. This happens mostly with the "War Bonds" listing and occasionally with the main DKP Listing.

--

Krawnik
Warlord of Ascendant
Dagoth

My guild's site is followers.dkpsystem.com

It happens for me both with IE7 and Firefox with latest updates applied. I tried to bypass it by changing the default DKP Standings link, but it still has issues. This is what I'm using now to automatically hide Bots and sort by membername:

dkpmember.php?dkpsystemid=2&sort=member&fromdaysago=0&slid[]=1&slid[]=2&slid[]=10&slid[]=20&slid[]=30&slid[]=50

EDIT: Just tried with IE6 at work and it is happening with it as well. Just now it only showed the guild leader in the standings with that link and earlier it just showed 4 of the officers in the guild with that same link.

--
Followers of Nobility
Thanks for the help guys. I found the problem with the "only a few people showing up until a reload".

As for Krawnik's issue with the War Bonds system, the problem there is because the "Inactive Filter" is checking for "Last Raid Date" and finding no raids in the system, and is then hiding all of the characters.

I'll be adding an option that will allow users to choose if they even want to use the "Inactive filter" and also the threshold to apply to it.

--
Kick ass, thank you Chops.

--

Krawnik
Warlord of Ascendant
Dagoth

Quote by Chops
So you don't need to worry about the graphs, they'll be showing properly soon.

Any ETA on the charts becoming functional again? It's been over 4 months, and we miss them.

--

Krawnik
Warlord of Ascendant
Dagoth

Implemention on this one is actually started. Most everything else has been on hold while the big update to the WoW mod is finished. Once that's deployed, this will be one of the first done (though the multi-voice display will be the very first done).

I'm so sorry it's been so slow.

--

[Back to Index]