Password:

Forgot your password?
Stellar Donation Tracker

Stellar Donation Tracker
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

I have added a paypal button to our site, but donations are dismal. So, I wanted to add a donation tracker to show on the site the donations we have recieved and how much we lack to meet those goals.

The Stellar Donations Tracker 1.3 seemed to be the key. Now that I have purchased this product though, I am in over my head. With DKP, are PHP programs allowed as well as SQL database creation? If they are, I am definitely going to need some help in getting this set up.

Step one is entering database host and schema? I have no idea. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
I'm afraid PHP and MySQL are not allowed. Uploading a php file won't do anything here, I'm afraid.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Do you have any suggestions on how I might do a little donation tracking? Mainly I want to put up our goal for month, how close we are to meeting it, and who has donated. I know its alot to ask, but I dont want to update the information manually.
I'm afraid manually updating is the only mechanism that doesn't involve some fairly complicated coding on your part.

I've also not worked with the PayPal API in years, and then only briefly, so my knowledge of Paypal's tracking mechanisms is extremely limited, such that I'm not qualified to give an informed opinion on the best automated approach.

--
I found the perfect solution! DonateMeter They basically ask you a couple questions in order to creat a "fund raising campaign." Once you do that.. you just click over to the actual campaign where you can copy the code for your paypal button to add to your site. The best part is that they dont need any passwords or secure information to create your button.

Check it out on out site. We already have it up and running! here
Nice. I'll have to put that in my arsenal.

--

[Back to Index]