Password:

Forgot your password?
DKPProfiler and GetGrSSDKP suggestion.

DKPProfiler and GetGrSSDKP suggestion.
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I like the DKPsystem.com product overall but teaching my officers to install and use the mods and the two seperate exe's has been a headache. My suggestion is you look into unifying the DKPProfiler and GetGRSSDKP setup and eliminate a big source of confusion.

Next gripe: So after the mod is setup, having to go to the site and copy and paste a file path and click upload also seems silly since the GetGRSSDKP could just as easily 'Put'.

The model that would make the most sense to follow is the DKPProfiler which is entirely in the background and seems to work flawlessly. Then via the 'alerts' box that comes up you can address DKP data posting, Roster updates, etc. This would be nice since all the players running the mod could be data collectors yet only the assigned GM/Web Master could 'balance the books' as it were. This way there would be no chance anything would be missed and overlapping data can be discarded.

The problem I foresee is that is that the one of the various officers are likely to screw something up. I'm an IT guy and this stuff is a breeze to me, but some of these guys I wouldn't trust to run a toaster correctly, and go cross eyed at the very concept of a file path. I have several guild raid groups and leaders and I'm sure there will be overlap if you have two persons attending the same raid and both upload their GRSS data. Its just something I'll have to watch and make a guild rule that there is one and only one guy running the mod in every raid.

It would also be nice if there was a function to automatically upload screenshots the GRSS mod makes and link them with the events. This combined with the suggestions above would make for multiple camera angles from the various raid members running the mod. And lastly, just as a possibility, to include data in the snapshot from mods like Damagemeters, DeadlyBossMods, Omen, Ora2 etc. The idea being that one could use the snapshots like a football coach watching old reels. Just having a browseable record of each successful boss encounter would be sweet.

--
Bobbuddha, GM, The Death Knights
Interesting Ideas. You've mentioned a lot of things to improve the overall user experience, and I'll take some time to chew on them for implementational ideas.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
One real simple thing you could do is make it so that the path is remembered, since it never really changes for a particular user. I currently have the path on a sticky note which I copy and paste each time.

Also.. Is it possible to display more than 'Next5Events'. When you have both current and next month displayed on the calendar, 5 looks kinda sparse.

--
I like the ideas; I would ask one thing:

If you're going to allow an automated uploading/dowloading of GRSS, please provide a switch so it can be toggled off.

Our current raid rules only apply DKP from the prior week's raid. Basically, DKP earned from the 1st day can't be spent on the 2nd day. I don't download the GRSS data until Tuesdays, after the raids are reset.
Well the process now is that when you upload a file, you imediately have to look over the data and decide what to post. My idea was to break those tasks apart, so uploads would queue up and could be processed at your leisure and possibly by different officers.

--
My idea was to break those tasks apart, so uploads would queue up and could be processed at your leisure and possibly by different officers.

Bingo. This is the planned implementation, though it's a tad bit in the future.

Your suggestion of "Remembering the Paths" is unfortunately not possible for security reasons, as entering a default path into an <input type=file> tag is blocked by the browsers. If, for example, One were to enter <input type=file value="C Windows\Win.ini"> It would simply ignore the "value" attribute, and present you with a blank path.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Your suggestion of "Remembering the Paths" is unfortunately not possible for security reasons, as entering a default path into an <input type=file> tag is blocked by the browsers.

TY for taking my idea to heart.

As my original post suggested that GetGRSSDKP and Profiler could be merged. The mods themselves make sense to be separate just I know the Profile uploader could quite easily be pointed at the right GRSS file and upload that whenever it changes upon logout.

--

[Back to Index]