Password:

Forgot your password?
What does your guild use as a drop system/ Loot system

What does your guild use as a drop system/ Loot system
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Guild Policies]
Secondary: None

My guild is just now getting ready to really use the DKP system that chops has made. I'm looking for answers for what the rest of you guys are using and how well it works and how to use your system. Remember this topic is for the drops that the guild gets when doing an instance. How does your members use their points to get that item if they wanted it.

Thanks for any help provided

----
Painkillerle

----
Painkillerle

--
Painkillerle
My guild is just now getting ready to really use the DKP system that chops has made. I'm looking for answers for what the rest of you guys are using and how well it works and how to use your system. Remember this topic is for the drops that the guild gets when doing an instance. How does your members use their points to get that item if they wanted it.

----
Painkillerle

----
Painkillerle

We use the DKP System to avoid people joining a run just to get lewt and leave. It also rewards consistent raiders with better opportunities for lewt. Make sure you include a link on your main page to HOW your DKP System will work (ie. tabulated).

Know that no one will read it, but if you follow it to the letter - YOU at least will have a leg to stand on. My guild has also passed a rule that attending the raid means you agree to and have read/understand our DKP System. Also, no DKP questions are answered during the raid to keep things flowing.

If you get a rules lawyer - kick him. It will save your sanity and A LOT of time while they argue how you dotted your "i's" and crossed your "t's".

----
Before you ask that question...RTFM, kktx

--

----
Painkillerle

----
Painkillerle

We use the DKP System to avoid people joining a run just to get lewt and leave. It also rewards consistent raiders with better opportunities for lewt. Make sure you include a link on your main page to HOW your DKP System will work (ie. tabulated).

Know that no one will read it, but if you follow it to the letter - YOU at least will have a leg to stand on. My guild has also passed a rule that attending the raid means you agree to and have read/understand our DKP System. Also, no DKP questions are answered during the raid to keep things flowing.

If you get a rules lawyer - kick him. It will save your sanity and A LOT of time while they argue how you dotted your "i's" and crossed your "t's".

----

Thanks for the tips. Keep them coming

----
Painkillerle

--
Painkillerle
Be sure to read http://www.dkpsystem.com/dynpage.php?id=14 if you haven't.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

----
Painkillerle

----
Painkillerle

Our old raiding guild went through a few DKP tracking and distribution systems before we settled on one we liked: Fixed item prices and zero-sum.

Each item had a fixed item price, and DKP was accrued based on the items that dropped. For example, our Staff of DominanceRefresh This Item cost 80 DKP. If it dropped, the cost of the item was split among the people in the raid and distributed. Whoever had the highest DKP (priority given to damage casters in this case) could purchase the item if they wanted it, and so on. We allowed our members to go negative as well, so of course all our druids were the first to reach 8 of 8, and they were all in the negative.

We had an issue with inflation at the beginning, but we remedied it by taking away bonuses for showing up on time and trash runs.
We had an issue with inflation at the beginning, but we remedied it by taking away bonuses for showing up on time and trash runs.

Yeah, that tends to become a problem, those "unanswered" points.

How did you handle boss attempts where nothing died? Did you not give points for attempts at all?

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--

Yeah, that tends to become a problem, those "unanswered" points.

How did you handle boss attempts where nothing died? Did you not give points for attempts at all?

----

We didn't give points for attempts in that system, no...but when we did a boss-based accrual system, we did. At that point, we were trying to reward people who stayed for all the Rag attempts, which can get expensive.

----
Painkillerle

----
Painkillerle

This is the system that we have in place. We have used it from the start and have been extremly happy with it. Hope that this helps you out.

http://thoriumknights.dkpsystem.com/viewthread.php?threadid=30

--
Thanks for the input everyone

----
Painkillerle

--
Painkillerle
There is a lot of good info at: http://www.wowwiki.com/Dragon_Kill_Points

--
Eleipher, The Warlock Extraordinaire
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
We've used pretty much everything while here on the DKPsystem.com portal.

Priority loot / Wish list
Zero-sum
Traditional

Pretty much everything except bidding.

I can say this...Wish lists required the most maintenance outside of raids, but were the easiest to use during raids. Everyone knew up front who was getting what drops and what would be up for rolling. A lot less bitching and moaning...but it takes a certain kind of guild make-up to embrace that kind of system. It also helps if you use it for a less competitive instance. We used it on MC drops when most of our guys were focusing on BWL gear. I wouldn't use anything other than a traditional point system for the more "competitive" instances.

Zero-sum i liked the best. But if you have a lot of new recruits or want to give credit for attendance, satying full run, 1st time boss kills, etc... a traditional DKP system is probably a better solution. A big beef about zero-sum is that newcomers to the guild start in the middle of the pack instead of the bottom.

Traditional DKP is pretty good if you manage inflation in a fixed earning/fixed cost system. Decay is one way to do keep it in check. Analyzing loot "averages" and matching them closely with
your item prices is also essential if you don't have bidding. What you don't want to wind up with is the average guild member having enough DKP to purchase a dozen or more epics all at once. Guilds that become too far unbalanced this way create a system where the old-timers will always have a huge bankroll over the newer guys. What I found was that we could award about 20 DKP per player for a full MC run using these numbers:

Set pieces:
20 points T1 bracers, belts, booths, gloves, shoulders
30 points T1 head, legs, chest
50 points T2 legs

Weapons:
50 points Superior grade (best in MC for that class, item type) ex. Perditions Blade
40 points 2nd best item of class, item type ex. CHT
30 points 3rd best item of class, item type ex. Gutgore ripper

Accessory Items (Jewelery/Cloak/Wand/Off-hand):
30 points Best in class
20 points Most others

Junk:
10 points The yuck items
5 points The really yuck items

This gave us "roughly" an 800 points spent per run and allowed us to award 20 DKP per player for a full run.

Our DKP split was

1 point each:
Lucifron / Gehennas / Sulfuron

2 points:
Magmadar / Garr / Geddon / Shazzrah / Golemagg

3 points:
Majordomo

4 points:
Ragnaros

This also gave us the ability to award 10 DKP / 10 DKP if we split the run into 2 weeknights. We'd stop after the 6th boss.

For BWL we pretty much doubled the cost of Tier 2 pieces and upped the multi-class costs so that we could award more DKP.

What you don't want is people getting fat & rich on MC DKP and then not showing while youre learning BWL. So it's important to increase costs & DKP earned as you progress to the next level.

It's also not a bad idea to start new DKP for a new instance if attendance is a problem.

Wow man, you've got the experience with the different systems, and your feedback exactly matches my thoughts as well.

On a side note, I have a new DKP System Derivative in development. It's not anything super-revolutionary, but I think it'll be a pretty useful thing for people to consider when creating their DKP system. I'm giving no specific details yet, as it's still in the conceptualization stage. Plus I still have to create a number of changes to the system to accomodate any needed functionality changes.

--
Our system is VERY similir to the one Greenhouse just laid out with only some minor tweeks

T1 BOE's 15 pts
T2 BOP's 20 pts
MC Weapon Drops 25 pts
MC Misc Armor Drops 20pts
MC Trinket drops 15pts
MC patterns/spells awarded to guild designated craftmaster at 0 dkp (first drop) after that can roll dkp for priority, still costs 0 dkp. Certain other items like the eye and leaf are also dkp priority/0 cost.

T2 30 pts
BWL Weapons 35 pts
etc.... yada yada

In MC we award 1 pt per boss up to Domo who is 2 and Rags 4. In BWL its 2pt per boss and Nef is 8.

We have both ontime and Ironman bonuses (1pt) and typically do a 4.5 hr clear of MC. Still working on BWL.

Looting: When loot drops, all members of the appropriate class state their current dkp if they are interested in the item. Highest dkp takes the loot unless another member is within 10% then they roll off based on dkp. (i.e. /roll 168) This gives them a random roll but weights slightly in favor of the member with the higher dkp)

We have achieved a favorable balance of loot as our higher dkp members are VERY concientious about fair distribution and will pass to others consistently. This has engendered the same behavior in newer members.

One more thing: Member priority. Member Mains have priorty in loot. Initiates next, then Alts.

It really works pretty well and I haven't heard any complaints other than the older members have too much dkp. We solved part of this by allowing Alts to spend dkp from the same pot. We found that newer members were VERY happy when the older ones started spending some of that dkp!

--

[Back to Index]