Password:

Forgot your password?
Archiving forum post

Archiving forum post
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

I just wanted to throw out a suggestion. I hate destroying a thread or reclassifying it to "clean up" forums. Perhaps a box that the admin can click to arcive posts that are no longer neccessary to have posted but are still important to retain. just a thought.Great job by the way- Im very please with the service that are providing. I definally will be a long time customer.
Thank you!

Admittedly, this is a request that's always baffled me. I never understood what the significance of archiving a post would be. Wouldn't the fact that a post is on a later page constitute an "archive" of sorts. It's a treasure trove of information. Rather than deleting or archiving threads, they're always there, in case someone wants to search for them (or just watch a history of the data).

It's like Google. Google doesn't delete it's links to old sites just because they might not have been updated in a long time, and are no longer relevant in the big picture. Instead, they keep all their data and continue to link it for people who might be searching or something.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]