Password:

Forgot your password?
A bit o' help.

A bit o' help.
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Hi, i just recently started my website and im not completely sure how to do certain things even though I've been playing with it non-stop for the past couple of days. Regardless, I'm trying to figure out how to A) Center my Background B.) Fix that background so it doesn't move when scrolling C) Stretch the background so when ppl view it it is always conformed to the page.

I'm unsure that all of these can be done, but I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks
Quote by krugan
Hi, i just recently started my website and im not completely sure how to do certain things even though I've been playing with it non-stop for the past couple of days. Regardless, I'm trying to figure out how to A) Center my Background B.) Fix that background so it doesn't move when scrolling C) Stretch the background so when ppl view it it is always conformed to the page.

I'm unsure that all of these can be done, but I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks

I'm pretty sure that in order to do what you want wit the background you would have to use an advanced layout.html file. You would have to go under the admin menu and upload the background you wanted to use under Admin > General Settings > Administrative File Uploader. Copy the link that the file shows up with once it is uploaded. Then you would need to go to Admin > Layout > Advanced Layout Options and right click the link Current Layout File and choose Save As. Once you did this you can edit the layout.html file. Edit the Body tag and use the appropriate options for the background you chose to use to make is the size you wanted or to stretch it vertically or horizontially and keep it centered.

Currently there are not automated check box options to define the size, stretch, centering, or scroll value of a background image. That might be a nice feature to ask for as it presents some things aesthetically that not everyone can do in raw html.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

I'm pretty sure that in order to do what you want wit the background you would have to use an advanced layout.html file. You would have to go under the admin menu and upload the background you wanted to use under Admin > General Settings > Administrative File Uploader. Copy the link that the file shows up with once it is uploaded. Then you would need to go to Admin > Layout > Advanced Layout Options and right click the link Current Layout File and choose Save As. Once you did this you can edit the layout.html file. Edit the Body tag and use the appropriate options for the background you chose to use to make is the size you wanted or to stretch it vertically or horizontially and keep it centered.

Currently there are not automated check box options to define the size, stretch, centering, or scroll value of a background image. That might be a nice feature to ask for as it presents some things aesthetically that not everyone can do in raw html.

I see. It would be a great feature to add since some people, including myself, are not all that great at html, but I will still be giving you advice a go. Thank you for your help.
One thing that is giving me a problem is that when I right-click the Current Layout File the Save as... is not "clickable". Any thoughts?
Quote by krugan
One thing that is giving me a problem is that when I right-click the [bold]Current Layout File[/bold] the Save as... is not "clickable". Any thoughts?

Afraid I have no explanation for that. I can right click > Save As just file on your site.

Which browser are you sportin?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Quote by krugan
One thing that is giving me a problem is that when I right-click the [bold]Current Layout File[/bold] the Save as... is not "clickable". Any thoughts?

Afraid I have no explanation for that. I can right click > Save As just file on your site.

Which browser are you sportin?
The problem is I shouldn't trying this at work. Our computers are required to run an old verison of IE. I guess I'll give it another try tonight when I have a computer thats not... well (insert any comp joke). Anyway I just want to say I really like the service and support you offer. Thanks for your help so far, I'm sure you will hear from me again.

[Back to Index]