Password:

Forgot your password?
How do I modify the Profession list?

How do I modify the Profession list?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: [Support]

Is there a way to modify the list so it only shows people of max profession?

I also see that there are one or two people who are cliackable. Is there a way to make everyone clickable? So that when you click them you can see what patterns they currently have?

The site is www.wowao.com, thanks for the help!
Currently, there is not a way to make the profession list only show max, though I can see that being a useful filter.

As for clicking the players' names, the clickable-ness is enabled when the user has Patterns/designs inputted in (which is typically done with the DKPProfiler mod). If you can get your members running the mod, then their profession skill lists will be automatically imported to the site.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Okay so I we have finally gotten around to updating our site to our needs. I am now testing out some of the features we have never used before, such as the guild bank and trying to have everyone link their professions. So I am the one teting it all out to make sure it is easy and smooth to use. I downloaded the DKPProfiler, followed the directions and some of the stuff is working. The guild bank is now there and for my toon I see all my equipmed gear. Unfortunately there are a few things missing and I can not figure out why None of my professions are showing and when you actually click the professions button, I do not even show up.

It says to upload the DKPProfile.lua file, but I do not see it in my saved variables. Am I missing something? In game I do see DKPProfiler as an addon and when it is running it shows my tons being updated and uploaded.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I had one in regards to the calendar. With the in game wow calendar there is not much use that we can find to have one on the site. We are though giving it a try and see how it works out. The only issue I have is that it shows an upcoming event text in the top menu bar that overflows into the other buttons. This tends to only happen on a smaller non wide screen monitor. Is there a way to get rid of that all together? The upcoming events box is enough for us
Unfortunately there are a few things missing and I can not figure out why None of my professions are showing and when you actually click the professions button, I do not even show up.

There's a bug that's getting replaced in a matter of about a week and the new character profile page is getting completely replaced. This will clear that particular issue up.

It says to upload the DKPProfile.lua file, but I do not see it in my saved variables. Am I missing something? In game I do see DKPProfiler as an addon and when it is running it shows my tons being updated and uploaded.

There are two things I can think of:

1) Make sure you're checking in WTF/Account/AccountName/Realm/Character/SavedVariables, and not just WTF/Account/AccountName/SavedVariables

and

2) If you're running Vista or Windows 7, and have WoW installed into the Program Files folder, I strongly recommend moving it out of there (for example, my games are in a d Games folder). Program Files is a protected directory under Vista/7 and leads to files being stored in the "VirtualStore" (something like c users\username\appdata\local\.virtualstore\world of warcraft\wtf... )

With the in game wow calendar there is not much use that we can find to have one on the site. We are though giving it a try and see how it works out.

I hear ya. It's frustrating that we can't do two-way syncing with the calendar (we can only import into the site), because the convenience of the in-game calendar conflicts with the flexibility of our on-site calendar. In-game you have to invite people individually, you can't request a role (dps, healer, tank), you can't allow player notes (if I remember correctly).

The only issue I have is that it shows an upcoming event text in the top menu bar that overflows into the other buttons. This tends to only happen on a smaller non wide screen monitor. Is there a way to get rid of that all together? The upcoming events box is enough for us

In your CSS (Admin > Layout > CSS Editor), add the following:

div#raid {
	display:none
}

That'll hide the next event thingy

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]