Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Open
Type Suggestion
Section of the Site Forum
Urgency (1 votes)
Rating (1 votes)
Description:
DKPSystem would be greatly improved if we had the option to use HTML or BBCode in forum posts (and guides!) like we do in posting news articles. HTML offers many options that BBCode does not and I often feel hamstrung by the limitations here.

For example, we often share charts and tables from Lotro.com. On our previous host, which allowed HTML, this was as simple as copying and pasting. Here, on the other hand, tables have to be completely recreated which is a total pain in the rear for large tables.

In addition, this site doesn't seem to even use standard BBCode. To make posting here slightly easier, I have tried using BBCode generators/editors from other sites and the code isn't the same as it is here. The code DOES match between those other sites, however.

BBCode that IS recognized here often isn't available on the bar. There is no button for the "center" code, for example. Other code, which appears to be standard, such as "right" and "left" alignment, doesn't work here.

So, we have limited BBCode, which often doesn't match standard BBCode and what we do have isn't always available on the menu bar. Allowing HTML, like the news posts, would give us MANY more options and bring us in line with other commercial hosts I've tested (but won't name here :whistle: ).
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
If you would point out some BBCode discrepancies, I would appreciate it. Some of them, I would be willing to accommodate.

As for allowing HTML in guides and posts, this is something that gets considered on and off.

I do intend on supporting HTML to some extent in the future.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
If you would point out some BBCode discrepancies, I would appreciate it. Some of them, I would be willing to accommodate.

As for allowing HTML in guides and posts, this is something that gets considered on and off.

I do intend on supporting HTML to some extent in the future.

According to the BBCode.org reference page, http://www.bbcode.org/reference.php, we aren't using standard table coding.

We use "cell" and "row". Standard coding is [tr][/tr] for rows, [th][/th] for heading cells, [td][/td] for content cells. Using the correct code is important because there are HTML to BBCode converters online that aid in converting tables (which can be time consuming otherwise). They convert to the correct code which doesn't work correctly on DKPSystem.com.

The center and /center commands work here but there is no button on the bar.

In addition, many sites use the [left] and [right] commands for alignment.

In the end, HTML offers MANY more options for image alignment, linking, etc.

--

[Back to Index]