Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Open
Type Support
Section of the Site Templates
Urgency (1 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
Hey Chops!

Yesterday i was changing the template (envy) on our site to the envy one, abit modified.

Everything looked great at home when i used firefox (not sure if this is the reason tho), tried it in different resolutions aswell and well didnt had any problem at all.

Now i got to work and opened it up here (with IE7), and of some reason it looks like a complete mess.
Have tried to reset the template aswell (saved my modified Css file) but didnt work either.

Everything is just out of place and graphics dont show either.

Have no clue of what to do, seeing resetting templates etc didnt seemed to work. (have tried to reset the template/remove backgrouds/revert the css)

By the looks of it it seems like it still insists of using some elements of the old template i was using (Ominous)

The page is just unreadable.
Cheers//Yahrr.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
Hmm been looking into it abit more myself aswell and starting to think that it might be a error from "my" side here, and past browser history or something.

If i do view http://dkpfiles.com/ssc/style.css with IE7 it shows up like it still uses the "ominouslotro" one that i had before changing, but as i said at home with Firefox it worked great.

Have however tried to clean all browser history/saved files etc without any progress at all. :S ..

Damn this makes me confused.

Try clearing your cache altogether. In IE7, do "Remove Temporary Files". Then reload the browser. I have fixes for this issue on the burner and almost ready to deploy.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Yeah tried deleting all that but still didnt work.

However managed to get the rights to install Firefox here @ work and at first it looked the same there, but after a reload in firefox it looked like it should.

Afterwards when i started IE7 it looked good even there... weird, but however working now.

So guess it was some bogus with the cache here afterall.

I wonder if your work's network or proxy does some caching of it's own to save on bandwidth. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen that done.

--

I am so disapointed with IE explorer these days. I think the compatability issues are Microsoft's way of trying to make us code for IE that way it dosent work on ALL the other browsers.

The good news...
Firefox has 46% of all browser/user usage so far. Im hoping it takes over eventually.
IE8 is a definite improvement over IE7, which is a monumental improvement over IE6.

But yeah, IE7 still has lots of weird bugs. And from what I've read, the IE9 team still has no interest in rendering the Acid3 test properly.

Visit http://acid3.acidtests.org/ in any browser, and IE will always do the worst. Even compare something like Firefox 1.5 against IE8 and I believe it still does better.

And like you said, the good news is that Firefox is actually the majority on all the guild sites (at least last I checked it was like 52% firefox), so that tells me that, in general, DKPSystem.com users are savvier

--

[Back to Index]