Password:

Forgot your password?
GuildRaidSnapShot Suggestions

GuildRaidSnapShot Suggestions
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

I've been using the grss mod in game for over a year now and the simplicity of it is great, but there are a few things I would love ot see added.
  • 1.) Option to announce bidding started via whisper along with /ra
  • 2.) Countdown upon clicking stop bids.Or some kind of bid timer.
  • 3.) A /pass option for competing bidders
  • 4.) Option to announce winning bidder and loot won to raid

Reasons for these options:

1.) With the emblems auto looting to raid, chat is usually spammed. I've had a few ppl complain about missing the bid sessions due to this. An option to be able to announce bids starting warning in raid and tells might help.... or possibly a siren sound and fireworks, is that doable? lol

2.) I know most guilds try to push bidding sessions as fast as possible, having a stated end time showing in chat would speed things along.

3.) When I have 3 or more ppl bidding up and suddenly 1 of the 3 wants to step outta the bid race, having it announced in the bid info/chat may speed things along.

4.) We use your silent bid option that only announces the amount of bid in chat. Announcing who wins an item in raid so ppl don't have to ask and we can move on asap would be great

I've looked at a few other dkp mods to use in game and some of them have some really nice options, but the above things are mostly what I'm looking for. Anything to make bidding go faster while making sure everyone has a chance to bid and is aware bids are starting/ending.

I'm not sure if any of these can actually be implemented but figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Other than these few suggestions I have no complaints

I'm not sure how feasible it is to do the bid announcement via tell, since WoW has anti-spamming measures in place, it might constitute spamming, and we definitely don't want that to happen. That said, the bidding announcement does (or at least should) also go to /rw, as long as the one running the bidding has assist.

A countdown is a good idea, and has been suggested in the past. It's definitely something that's planned.

A !pass command to set via tells is kind of interesting, but couldn't you just say "Don't bid on an item if you don't want it?" Seems like an unnecessary thing to me. How often does the winning bidder withdraw from the bidding (since the winning bidder is the only one that matters)?

Announcing the bidding to raid is actually a little touchier than you might think, but I can give it some thought.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]